id Software has released update 1.05 for Doom Eternal which brings the second content update to the game. One of the main things added is the new Battlemode map Torment which is a former UAC outpost. Empowered Demons will be even more powerful and will be tougher to take down, but they will reward you with more ammo and armour. There have been latency improvements for Battlemode so connections are better. Photo mode improvements have also been added. The full patch notes follow the trailer.
Doom Eternal 1.05 patch notes
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in BATTLEMODE that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the post-match screen in private matches
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards
Fixes for Xbox One only
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill
Fixes for PS4 only
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would causes damage indicators to persist on screen after respawning
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title
- Issue: I’m not brought into a party after accepting an invitation when my game is suspended on Xbox One. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: This is a known issue that will be resolved in a future update. In the interim, please avoid accepting party invites when the game is suspended on Xbox One.
- Issue: I’m seeing connectivity and lag issues for online gameplay while using a VPN. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: DOOM Eternal does not support VPN use for online gameplay.
- Issue: I am no longer able to access Master Levels from the Fortress of DOOM after installing Update 2. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: This is a known issue that we will resolve in a future update. In the interim, please access the Master Levels form the Main Menu.
Source: id Software