Team Reptile has announced Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and there is almost no way to avoid the Jet Set Radio comparisons. In fact, it could be considered a spiritual successor as Hideki Naganuma is involved with Bomb Rush Cyberfunk’s soundtrack. For those that are not familiar with the name, Hideki Naganuma was the composer behind the soundtracks for both Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future. You can check out the reveal trailer below.
The full description for Bomb Rush Cyberfunk can be read below:
In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.
– In the game you can choose a character from your crew and explore the three-dimensional streets freely.
– Each stage is a neighborhood that represents one time of day.
– You can grind, slide, jump, trick and airdash to move around
– The goal is to get your name up, your name up on the wall. Every stage has many spots to find where you can paint graffiti.
– You will encounter a lot of weirdos.
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk will be released next year, and has currently been confirmed for PC.