The first update for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been detailed by Asobo Studios, as they look to fix a number of crashes and installation bugs. That’s great news, but what’s bad news is that it will be coming next week.
Those completely unable to play the game (like Dom who’s still meant to be trying to review it for us!) are potentially waiting until September to be able to board and fly away. At the very least, they have provided the patch notes so that those troubled users know what to expect. You can find these below Asobo’s explanation.
We are in the final stages of prepping the upcoming patch for release next week. The team has been actively working on addressing issues impacting download and installation issues as a priority for this patch. We appreciate all the feedback from the community and we are hard at work updating the feedback snapshot and development roadmap, which we hope to release within the next few weeks!
Flight Simulator 2020 Patch Notes
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
Source: Flight Simulator