Ubisoft has confirmed the post launch content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and the publisher has stated that there will be two expansions and an exclusive quest for season pass owners, and a lot of free content for all players. The exclusive quest for season pass holders is called The Legend of Beowulf which explores the legend, and this quest will be available on launch day of the game. The two expansions will then expand the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
The first expansion is called Wrath of the Druids and in it players will be travelling to Ireland on the hunt for the members of a druidic cult while being immersed in the folklore or Ireland. This expansion is due in Spring 2021. The second expansion is The Siege of Paris and as you can probably guess players will be heading to the French capital. To be precise this expansion will allow players to experience the famous siege that took place in 845 AD. Players will have to infiltrate Paris and create alliances to secure the future of Eivor’s own clan. This is expected in Summer 2021.
The free content will be released across seasons with each of these seasons lasting three months. Season one will include:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season two will be available in March 2021. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is launching on the 10th of November, a week earlier than previously announced, to line up with the launch of the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. The game will be be releasing for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia. For the home consoles, if you’re not hitting the next-gen on day one there’s free cross-gen upgrades, like using Smart Delivery on Xbox.
Source: Press Release