Developer tinyBuild have announced Hello Engineer, their newest game in the Hello Neighbor universe. Revealed during the latest Google Stadia broadcast (which also revealed demos for Immortal: Fenyx Rising, Humankind, and PAC MAN Mega Tunnel Battle), Hello Engineer will be launching some time in 2021 and will be exclusive to the cloud game-streaming service.
Hello Engineer moves away from the stealth horror trappings of Hello Neighbor though shares the same setting and characters including the terrifyingly omnipresent Neighbor himself, Mr. Peterson.
In teams of three, you will play as a group of kids who need to explore the Golden Apple amusement park for materials to craft into various inventions. As always, you’ll need to watch out for the Neighbor as he tries to thwart your plans. Here’s an official rundown of what expect when Hello Engineer launches on Google Stadia next year:
A group of kids from Raven Brooks, members of the Inventors club, went to the abandoned amusement park to scavenge for resources to win the State Inventors Contest. Under unclear circumstances, the whole group was trapped there. Turns out that they’re not alone here, somebody watches their moves and controls the evil bots. Little inventors need to use all their engineering skills to get out of amusement parks and don’t let the strange Neighbor get them down.
- Using frame parts, gears, engines, wheels, weapons, and even jet engines from the amusement park scrap, you can build different vehicles that suit your ever-changing needs.
- There are several advanced features such as electrical circuits and smart modules that are accessible for skilled engineers to build self-driven mechanical vehicles or creatures.
- The most important ingredient is your creativity. There are no prescribed solutions to complete objectives, progress through the level however you want.
- You have too many moving parts and need more hands to control it? Just add more control panels and enjoy the ride with the crew members.
- Do you have an idea to build a roller coaster? Team up with your friends to build even more exciting attractions.
- You’d like to match your creation against other players’ machines? Start the PvP mode to determine the best construction and copy the blueprint of it.
- Sharing blueprints is an effective way to infinitely improve mechanisms and implement new ideas.
- Creative mode is a sandbox with infinite resources to build any kind of creations.
- Challenges mode. Complete challenges with a certain amount of resources.
- PvP/PvE mode. Challenge players or evil bots in the “Bumper Car” arena to define the best and effective creation.
Hello Neighbor is one of those video game franchises that doesn’t attract much mainstream attention yet has a thriving fanbase. It was reported earlier this year that the franchise has surpassed 30 million players. Hello Neighbor 2 is currently in development with a playable alpha available now via Steam.
Source: Press release