Following Nintendo’s announcement of a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update yesterday, patch Ver. 9.0.1 is now available to download and install on Nintendo Switch.
This update looks to be a pretty small one and is primarily aimed at delivering fixes following the recent addition of Ultimate’s newest fighter, Steve from Minecraft. From what we can see there are no new notable features that have snuck into the 9.0.1 patch notes.
Steve joins a handful of familiar faces from Minecraft as part of the latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC. It’s the second of six paid expansions that comprise the game’s second fighter pass which was announced earlier this year. With Min Min from ARMS having been added to the roster this summer, and now Steve, four more characters will follow within the next year.
Minecraft isn’t exactly what you’d call a classic/original Nintendo IP though over the years we’ve seen them partner with Sega, Konami, Namco, Square, and other publishers to pump up their Smash Bros. roster. Ultimate boasts the biggest cast of playable characters in the series’ history with third party members including Cloud (Final Fantasy VII), Bayonetta, Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid), Sonic the Hedgehog, and more.
Anyway, you can catch the latest patch notes below:
Ver. 9.0.1 (Released October 21, 2020)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.