Animal Crossing is all set for the festive season, with update 1.6.0 out now to sprinkle the game with new events, costumes, and more for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I mean… “Turkey Day” and “Toy Day”.
Turkey Day is on 26th November this year, with a cooking themed game event, before Toy Day takes over on 1st December and runs through to Toy Day itself on 24th November. There’s also some New Year’s stuff planned to close out the year in style.
There’s also a good step forward for inclusivity, with a set of new hairstyles available that drawn from African and Africa-American hair styles.
Anyone thinking of upgrading their Nintendo Switch or adding a new Switch to their family this Christmas will now be able to spread the Animal Crossing love. A new feature for transferring save data between systems has been added, and tools are being made available so that you can either transfer a particular resident or a whole island to a different system.
Here’s the full patch notes:
Ver. 1.6.0 (Released November 19, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.6.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your User Data” feature as well. Learn more about save data transfer here.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.