Codemasters have tweeted that following an update some players of Dirt 5 on PlayStation are experiencing error code CE-108255-1 and the game is crashing. They say they are investigating the problem.
We're aware that some PS5 players are experiencing crashes with the error code CE-108255-1 since the latest update and are investigating now. Below, Sony has shared steps to try and resolve this issue on your console. Thank you 👍https://t.co/hwI28cPAbu
— DIRT (@dirtgame) February 23, 2021
In the meantime, you can try and fix the error yourself by following these steps.
An error occurred in the application.
There may be a problem with your application or console if this error occurred on your PlayStation®5.
Please try the following to find out if this problem can be fixed:
- If your system software and application are not the latest version, please update them to the latest version and see if there is any improvement.
- If this error occurs after launching a game, delete the game in which the error occurs from Settings > Storage, and reinstall the game.
- Start your PS5 in Safe Mode and perform “5. Rebuild Database”.
- If the error occurs again, reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the application again. (Please make a backup of all your data in advance.)
- If the above means do not work, please consider applying for repair service from the online application page.
What’s in the Dirt 5 Energy Content Pack?
The Energy Content Pack promises new cars, new career events and new sponsors, and is available as a standalone DLC pack costing £9.99/€11.49/$12.49, or included in the Amplified Edition or Year One Upgrade.
The four new cars are:
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S
- Alpine A110 Sports X
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- GMC Sierra Pre-Runner
There’s a whopping 25 new career events which will be found in the new Energy chapter, two new sponsors – Xite and Mad-Croc – and new liveries, stickers, lanyards and more to earn through the career.
Update 3.00 brings a bunch of free new content to the Playgrounds mode, with a new set of Junkyard Playgrounds items, including washing machines, sheds and finishing gates covered in flames. There’s even a big scrap-built dinosaur sculpture that will bring tears to the eyes of Scrapheap Challenge fans. There will also be a new Italy environment for you to build your custom creations in.
As well as this, there will be a set of new bespoke liveries for the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, Ford Escort RS Cosworth, Ford RS200, some community-requested features like an increase to the Level cap, and a bunch of visual and technical fixes and improvements across the board.