ZA/UM has confirmed that Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be released on March 30th. It will be purchasable from the PlayStation Store, Steam, GOG, Epic Store, the App Store and on Google Stadia. The Xbox and Switch releases will follow in the summer. Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will include additional political quests giving access to new areas, and more characters in Revachol.
The game picked up our Best PC Game award in 2019, with Jim describing it quite nicely.
Developed by Estonian newcomers, ZA/UM, it’s a truly singular game yet one that can trace its roots back to the computer RPGs of old – we’re talking Baldur’s Gate, Planescape, and the original Fallout.
Game protagonists suffering from amnesia is a well worn trope yet here it forms the foundation of a bizarrely gripping story. One in which you – a bedraggled detective – wake up after going on a brutal bender with a murder mystery to solve.
The writing here is genuinely funny which helps as Disco Elysium artfully walks the line between visual novel and old-school RPG. Instead of outfitting your character with spells, armour, and abilities, ZA-UM has built a clever alternative that explores personality traits, inner thoughts, and the power of the mind, with a number of different ways to approach every scenario.
There will be both standard and collector’s editions of the game, coming in partnership with iam8bit.
The Collector’s Edition will include:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ Premium Box
- Hand-Painted ‘Mind Totem’ Vinyl Sculpture
- 190+ Page Hardbound Art Book feat. Oodles of Previously Unreleased Art and Stories
- Illustrated Fabric Map of the District of Martinaise
- Physical Edition of Disco Elysium with Reversible Cover, Housed in an Elegant Slipcase
- Region Free – Worldwide Compatibility
- Available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch
It will set you back an eye-watering $249.99, though.
Source: Press Release