Square Enix has announced that the open beta for Final Fantasy XIV PS5 edition will begin on April 13th, the same date that update 5.5 will be released. That update is called Death Unto Dawn and will lead into the Endwalker expansion. The PS5 version of Final Fantasy XIV will have better framerates, 4K resolution, and faster load times. Square Enix has detailed how PS4 and PS5 owners can get access to the open beta of Final Fantasy XIV’s PS5 edition. The steps are below:
PlayStation 4 Users
- On your PS5, sign in with the PlayStation Network account you are using to play the PS4 version.
- Select “FINAL FANTASY XIV” from the Game Library menu.
- Select the “PS5 Upgrade Edition (Beta Version)” icon on the right side of the game screen.
- On the store page, press the […] button and select “FINAL FANTASY XIV PS5 Upgrade Edition (Beta Version)” to proceed with the download.
- Once the download is complete, launch the PS5 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV from the FINAL FANTASY XIV game screen.
PlayStation 5 new FF XIV users
- Visit PS Store on your PS5 and navigate to the FINAL FANTASY XIV store page.
- On the store page, press the […] button and select “FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial” to download the Free Trial client.
- Once the download is complete, launch the PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV from the FINAL FANTASY XIV game screen.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker revealed – new Jobs, new features and a trip to the Moon coming in Fall 2021
In update 5.5 for Final Fantasy XIV, players will have access to new main story quests, the new Alliance raid of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse series, updates to the Sorrow of Werlyt and Save The Queen quests, the new Cloud Deck trial, the new dungeon Paglth’an, new Unreal trial for level 80 players, unique crafting tools, the Ishgard Restoration update where more fetes will be held, and more dungeons in Explorer mode.