Modern Storyteller and Dear Villagers have confirmed that The Forgotten City will be coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Switch. This is in addition to the previous announcements of the game for PC and Xbox One. The game is based on a mod of the same now which sees players transported to a hidden underground city during the days of the Roman Empire. A brand new trailer was released to mark the announcement.
In The Forgotten City, players assume the role of a time traveller who has ventured to the time of the Roman Empire and found themselves in an underground city. All is not what it seems here though as the city has just 23 inhabitants. The city is supposed to be a utopia but if someone breaks the Golden Rule then everyone in the city is killed. The player enters a kind of Groundhog Day scenario repeating the final day of the city to find answers, and prevent the end for the inhabitants.
Nick Pearce, founder of Modern Storyteller, said: “Having The Forgotten City on next-gen consoles is an absolute dream. It’s the story we always wanted to tell: an engrossing, poignant mystery that players can enjoy again, and again, and again.”
The features of The Forgotten City include:
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Role-play as whoever you want, choosing your own gender, origin and backstory
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time-loop
Source: Press Release