Arc System Works has announced the dates for the second Guilty Gear Strive open beta for PS4 and PS5, as well as the changes that will be present from the first open beta. First of all the dates. The second Guilty Gear Strive open beta will be playable from May 13th 8pm PDT/10pm EDT/ May 14th 3:00am GMT. The beta will last until May 16th 7:59 PDT/9:59 EDT/14:59 GMT. Cross play will be available between PS4 and PS5.
In the second beta, players will have access to versus mode, tutorial mode, training mode, online match mode, but Player Matches, which are player created rooms, will not be in this beta. The changes from the first beta can be read below.
- Battle Balance has been adjusted from the February open beta
- The player can now select a Duel Station to queue up for battles. After selecting a station player enters a standby mode and waits for an opponent.
- A rematch function has been added. In the Rank Tower you can rematch up to 3 times, or until either player’s recommended floor changes. In Open Park, you can rematch as many times as players agree.
- Other features of the lobby have been improved
- When the same move is used more than the set number of times in a combo the opponent falls more quickly.
- Aerial attacks in general have been adjusted.
- Using aerial attacks, double jumps, and air dashes now causes recovery on landing
- Jump and air dashes cover less distance
- Characters now enter an airborne state later after a jump begins
- The hitbox has been extended upwards and the hurtbox has been reduced. The attack is now active for longer
- Recovery time has been increased after blocking an attack while in mid-air
- The overall balance has been adjusted, from general game mechanics to individual character abilities.
- Rollback style netcode will be used for the second beta.
The playable characters in the beta include Sol, Ky, May, Axl, Chipp, Potemkin, Faust, Millia, Zato, Ramlethal, Leo, Nagoriyuki, Giovanna, Anji, and I-No. Guilty Gear Strive will launch on June 11th for PS4, PS5, and PC via Steam.
Source: Official Guilty Gear site