A new map for Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown has launched on their PC test servers, it is called DeSalle and is the first map to be released for the game in three years. Hidden away in the swamp land in the bottom left of the map is a rather familiar building, Shrek’s house.
The map will go live on all severs later this summer, here’s more from Crytek.
From a design perspective, DeSalle combines a lot of the forest and vegetation from Still Water Bayou and many of the interconnected compounds and boss fight areas from Lawson Delta, offering you far more routes and approaches towards your targets and more variation in gameplay. The map brings a lot more verticality to play as well, with plenty of areas for you to take the high ground. You’ll also have to keep your eyes out for new “Miner Grunt” enemies who will look to blind you with the lights on their helmets!
Two towns merge into each other, featuring saloons, banks, churches, and more, offering you the chance to roam through buildings or stake out enemies as you hunt your targets street by street. A large quarry and coal mine offer more rugged surroundings to fight through, while you’ll need to hold your nerve when exploring a creepy mansion, complete with a blood fountain!
Here’s a list of notable locations and their names in DeSalle:
• Prison – Pelican Island Prison
• Watermill – Weeping Stone Mill
• Church – First Testimonial Church
• Coal Mine – Kingsnake Mine
• Coal Train Fill Station – Stanley Coal Company
• Pig Farm – Heritage Pork
• Mansion Farmlands – Pearl Plantation
• Chicken Farm – Moses Poultry
• Fish Farm – Forked River Fishery
• Log Shipping – Ash Creek Lumber
• Town 1 Bank – Upper De Salle
• Horse Farm – Seven Sisters Estate
• Wooden Fort – Fort Bolden
• Shipyard – Darin Shipyard
• Quarry – Reeves Quarry
• Town 2 Saloon – Lower De Salle
This is a big release for us, and a lot of work goes into the creation, design, and balancing of a map. We know it’s been a long time coming, and we appreciate your patience. Now it’s over to you – we can’t wait to see you securing bounties in DeSalle, and we look forward to all of your feedback.