Developer Bloober Team have dropped The Medium update 1.02 on PS5. The latest patch includes a number of bug fixes as the dev turns their attention to issues players have encountered with the game’s trophies.
Dear PS5 Players! Patch 1.02 is now online, so keep your games updated! Ray Tracing has returned to dual reality. We also improved the overall performance and haptic feedback of the game.
Over the next few days, we’ll be fixing the trophy system! pic.twitter.com/w6Lqs7ZdHE
— The Medium Game (@TheMediumGame) September 8, 2021
The Medium update 1.02 is now available to download and install on PS5. The patch notes aren’t very extensive, outlining the following changes:
The Medium Update 1.002 Patch Notes
- Added Ray Tracing
- Improved overall performance
- Improved haptic feedback
According to Bloober, a number of PlayStation gamers have reported problems when attempting to unlock trophies. Hopefully, these will be remedied by the time update 1.03 is released.
Here is the Medium PS5 trophy list in full. Players can unlock all trophies (including the platinum) in a single playthrough.
The Medium PS5 Trophy List
- Completionist – Collect every other trophy
The Medium Gold Trophies
- Can’t Always Save Everyone – You finished the game
- Calling Out to Me – Find all Echoes in a single playthrough
- Psychic Sleuth – Inspect 100 objects in a single playthrough
The Medium Silver Trophies
- Unforgiven – You sent the Childeater away
- Unrepentant – You sent the Hound away
- Puzzling Out the Past – Reconstruct all Memory Shards in a single playthrough
- Devouring Darkness – Find all pages from Richard’s diary in a single playthrough
- An Unknown Outcome – Find all of Thomas’ notes in a single playthrough
- All That’s Left Unsaid – Find all of Frank’s postcards in a single playthrough
- Followed the Trail – Find all of Henry’s Echoes in a single playthrough
- Phantom – Escape the creature without alerting it
- Dual Detective – Inspect 50 objects in a single playthrough
- Thunderstruck – You defeated the creature in the flooded ruins
The Medium Bronze Trophies
- The Last Goodbye – You sent Jack’s spirit away
- Welcome to Niwa – You’ve reached the hotel
- The Cheerful Kind – You met Sadness
- You Saw, You Ran, You Lived – You survived a monstrous encounter
- The Childeater – You experienced your first vision of Thomas
- Among the Ashes – You found the Red House
- The Hound – You experienced your second vision of Thomas
- The Pact – You uncovered the mystery of the burned down house
- Dark Water – Make it through the pump station
- Mirror Mirror on the Wall – You completed the broken mirror
- Insightful – Use Insight for at least 15 minutes
- Left Behind – Find an Echo.
- I Know the Pieces Fit – Reconstruct a Memory Shard
- Guiding Light – Find a page from a mentor’s diary
- A Dangerous Method – Find a note from a troubled man
- From Niwa with Love – Find a postcard from the groundskeeper
- Caught the Scent – Find an Echo of a mysterious caller
- Spirit Walking – Spend 10 minutes outside your body
- Famished Feline – You fed the cat in Jack’s apartment
- Edge of Sanity – You acquired the razor
- Cut the Crap – You acquired the bolt cutters
- Through the Looking Glass – You used a mirror to cross over
- Inner Investigator – Inspect 25 objects in a single playthrough
- Medium Rare – You burned through the moths using Spirit Shield
- Conduit – You used Spirit Blast to create electricity
- Running Sim – You have run 2 kilometers
The Medium launched earlier this year on Xbox Series X and PC as a Microsoft exclusive before making its way to Sony’s new console. Our resident doctor of horror scored it an impressive 8/10 in our review.
The Medium is a really good horror adventure with some stand out ideas and excellent presentation. It makes the most of its influences to create an atmospheric and involving narrative, but its wider context as a next-gen exclusive may lead many to expect it to be a grander step forward than it is. Taken on its own merits, and particularly for genre fans, this is a genuinely great game and I look forward to replaying it to take in all the amazing details and touches that I may have missed first time through. With some questions left unanswered, I hope it does well and develops into a franchise.
Over the past several years, Bloober Team have grown to become a standout name in the horror genre thanks to hits such as Layers of Fear and The Blair Witch. Earlier this year, it was confirmed the studio is working with Konami on a Silent Hill project.