Godfall has launched a new update just days ahead of its Challenger Edition release date for PlayStation console and PC.
Also referred to as Godfall version 4.1.9, this latest patch makes numerous tweaks and changes just in time for the big influx of new players.
Developer Counterplay Games has also been working on quality of life improvements for Godfall: Challenger Edition including its endgame content, crafting system, and difficulty scaling for co-op sessions.
Godfall Challenger Edition launches today on PS4 and PS5, joining December 2021’s PlayStation Plus lineup. The PC version is scheduled for December 9, 2021, and will temporarily be free to download via the Epic Games Store.
It’s fair to say there’s been some confusion surrounding this repackaged version of the 2020 action RPG. Godfall Challenger Edition won’t include the core campaign, instead dropping players into the endgame content by letting them max out their character. It’s easy to see why this decision has been met with negative feedback though the developers assure prospective players that they can get to real meat of the Godfall experience via Challenger Edition.
Having reviewed the game at launch, I can understand where the devs are coming from. Godfall’s campaign was a bit of a slog and the game suffered from a lack of online matchmaking which has since been introduced.
Godfall Update 1.08 (4.1.9) Patch Notes
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Spirit Warriors would gain collision volumes when performing a dodge.
- Solved an issue where Input Buffering for Blocking was inconsistent with some weapons while holding down the Weapon Technique button.
- Solved an issue where Light Timing Attacks would not deal Soulshatter damage.
- Solved an issue where Overhealth gained stops decreasing when an item is unequipped or a skill point was invested.
- Solved an issue where players could experience a hitch when performing their first takedown on a variety of enemies.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where all players that were hit by the hard knockdown when Moirax transitions into their final form would be knocked down multiple times.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Archon Fury Spirit Warriors could spawn with collision volumes for the players.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Dark Sentinels summoned by Lunara would remain invulnerable after being parried.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Excelsious’ perilous attacks does damage and knockdown to players when successfully parried.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Fire Howler’s flame breath is invisible to the party.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Flameblood Lashers could grab players jumping across gaps, which would cause them to be thrown outside of the level’s boundaries after the animation concludes.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where using the Arcing Shield Throw would sometimes not knock down enemies.
- Solved an issue where a Primed Shield would reflect 100% of the damage parried instead of 50% damage as stated in the Shield Prime skill.
- Solved an issue where the Ascension Level 300 Banner power (Grants 10% Overhealth to Allies when a Banner is dropped) was not applying correctly.
- Solved an issue where the Warhammer’s Southern Weapon Technique may become interrupted and lose charge due to uneven collision.
- Solved an issue where using the Souther Weapon Technique with Dual Blades on a knockdowned enemy would make the enemy invisible and/or immobile at certain distances.
- Solved an issue where upgrading the All Resistance secondary trait in the Forge would not change the value.
- Solved an issue where Epic Earth Items from Dreamstones were not being awarded to the player.
- Solved an issue where players could experience a hitch when closing their first Dark Tear.
- Solved an issue where players could pick the same Curse on different Dark Tears.
- Solved an issue where yellow beacons activated during the first Exploration Phase in Lightbringer would not show the direction of Light Caches during their second phase.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Communal Chests in AToT would not receive the bonus granted by Additional Loot boons.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where selecting a Curse could fail to apply the Bane properly to the player picking the Curse.
- Solved an issue where opening and closing the SHiFT UI when the accounts are not linked would cause the game to suffer from hitches until restarted.
- Solved an issue where players could spend more Ascension Points than available if they disconnected their internet, causing negative values (and other complications).
- Solved an issue where the “Trial Complete” announcement would display twice.
- Solved an issue where Weapon Technique Damage boons would display +0% in the spring, despite functioning properly.
- Solved various text string and localization issues.
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Sentries would deal their damage quick enough that it would cause enemy health bar flashes too rapidly to accurately gauge missing health.
The HUD of enemy health bar refresh rate has been updated to remedy this.
- Solved an issue where loading a character with items equipped through the Copy Loadout function (while using a controller) would revert to the state they were in before the items were copied over.
- Solved an issue where the “Already Equipped” pop-up was missing when trying to equip another Augment of the same name.
- Solved an issue where the Prime Shield VFX would not appear on the shield when primed through parries.
- Solved an issue where the Weapon Timing Attack VFX showed after a successful parry even if the Weapon Timing Level 4 skill has not been unlocked.
- Solved an issue where Boons in Boon Springs lose their rarity color (showing up as gray) if using a language other than English.
- Solved an issue where the Explore the Realm’s Sunflare Orb event would include an erroneous “0/3” tracking objective in front of the countdown timer.
- Solved an issue where the player’s Life Tracker would not display in single player.
- Solved an issue where unequipping a Banner could cause the bottom left HUD (Health, Life Tracker, Lifestones, etc) to disappear.
- Solved an issue where items could become permanently locked from a variety of actions, preventing players from salvaging them.
- Solved an issue where the locked icon for equipped Augments would overlap their Core Attribute value.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where a player could get kicked back to the Sanctum during AToT after navigating to personal menus after collecting numerous loot items.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the health bars for Kragani’s bracers would disappear after the player died and respawned.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the player’s Life Tracker would not display in ToT, AToT or Lightbringer game modes.
- Solved various animation, VFX and rendering issues.
- Solved various environment collision issues across the realms.
- Solved various issues with low poly environment pieces that would not update based on distance.
- Solved an issue where an error connection could occur when collecting numerous loot items and then returning to the Sanctum.
- Solved an issue where looking at Archon Fury Spirit Warriors would cause a noticeable FPS loss.
- Solved an issue where rapidly defeating enemies and/or collecting loot could cause a queue delay when interacting with chests or boon/bane springs