There’s a new Dead By Daylight update ready to download and install, bringing the game up to version 5.4.1 (also shown as 2.38 on some consoles).
This is a smaller game update that focuses on fixing on number of bugs and issues reported by the Dead By Daylight community following the recent release of Chapter 22 “Portrait of a Murder”.
Don’t expect any new content of major balancing tweaks – these tend to arrive when developer Behaviour Interactive drops a big mid-chapter update.
Still, players will be happy to see some of the improvements made, including the tracking of Dead By Daylight archive challenges.
Dead By Daylight Update 2.38 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused the Crow Food archive challenge not to gain progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sprint & Slash archive challenge not to gain progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Beast Awakens archive challenge not to gain progress.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to surpass the Blight turn rate limits by using frame rate limiting software.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to complete the opening of the hatch when put into dying state
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Oni and Spirit’s hair to disappear during the intro pan.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Artist’s Crows’ aura to remain visible after downing a Survivor who was repelling crows
- Fixed an issue that caused the damaging crows not to be counted as protective hits
- Fixed an issue that caused Corrective Action not to consume a token when another Survivor failed a skill check
- Fixed an issue that caused the New and Sale badges to not disappear after clicking the Store buttons.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the killer player from hearing a boon totem being blessed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the boon totem blessing SFX from looping correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Survivors to be picked up at a corner near the Exit Gates in Autohaven Wreckers.
- Fixed an issue that caused missing Thai accents and punctuation in the Subtitles Settings text.
- Fixed several texts exceeding the button size in the Game Manual in some languages
- Fixed an issue with the hook 3D model remaining visible in Play as Killer when switching from an empty charm slot to a Killer cosmetic slot in the Lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the spotlight to be delayed when fully repairing a short pole or yellow generator
- Fixed an issue that cause the black ink VFX to be missing from the survivor’s eyes and mouth when getting Mori’ed by the Artist.
- Fixed an issue that caused Coup de Grace to get too many tokens
Dead By Daylight Chapter 22 introduced a new Killer, The Artist, and a new Survivor, Jonah Vasquez. DBD also added a new map too called The Forsaken Boneyard.
What’s next for the asymmetrical horror hit? Reports suggest that a Conjuring universe crossover is on the horizon, with The Nun being eyed as the next potential Killer.
Source: Dead By Daylight Forums