Returnal patch 3.03 has been released by Housemarque, and the main focus of this update are some issues with the Tower of Sisyphus. These issues include things like Algos not dying or dying too early. The co-op has also been addressed with bugs such as hanging screens when switching biomes, as well as a couple of issues that cause Returnal to crash when in co-op. You can read the full Returnal 3.03 patch notes below.
Returnal patch 3.03 update notes
- Tower of Sisyphus: Added Audio Logs to new locations in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Fixed a rare issue where Algos might refuse to die, or die too early in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Increased leaderboard scrolling speed
- Co-Op: Fixed several issues where a client or host might encounter a black screen or hang when moving between biomes during co-op play
- Co-Op: Fixed multiple minor gameplay bugs
- Co-Op: Fixed two rare crashes in co-op mode
One of the first PlayStation 5 exclusives, Returnal launched in April to plenty of praise. Housemarque were lauded for their ability to combine the developer’s mastery of arcade shooters with a new third person shooter form and an engaging roguelike game structure.
In our Returnal review on PS5, we scored the game a masterful 9/10: “It feels immensely satisfying to be sat here in 2021, eons after playing Super Stardust HD on PS3, and see just how far Housemarque has come. Offering a visual bullet hell spectacle, a showcase for the DualSense controller and a rewarding sci-fi narrative woven around the roguelike loop, we can say with unflinching confidence that Returnal is the PS5’s best game to date.”
During the BAFTA Game Awards earlier this month, Returnal ran away with a host of wins picking up the awards for Best Game, Audio Achievement and Music. Housemarque, developers of Returnal, alluded to the studio’s next game being a new IP as as well.