EastAsiaSoft have just let us know that they’re working on Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype. The sequel to the PSN shooter is currently in development exclusively for the PS3 with an anticipated release this coming Winter.
In Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype, you will return to Gota IV as part of the Söldner-X defense force. Mankind will once more rely on your battle against new mysterious powers. Staged across seven unique action-loaded levels accompanied with an adrenaline pumping soundtrack, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype combines traditional 2D gameplay with detailed high definition graphics and a taste of fresh innovations.
“We received an amazing feedback upon the launch of Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer, which has encouraged the whole team to work on a sequel”, said Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios. “With Söldner-X 2, our main goal is to please fans of the first part as well as new gamers alike. I am especially excited about the introduction of a new dynamic score-linked difficulty mode, which adjusts to the skills of each individual player.”
- Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across Underwater Worlds, Ice Caves, Tunnel Worlds, Space and other deadly scenarios.
- High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p.
- Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
- Two new playerships with their own characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
- Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system.
- New bullet pattern system.
- Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
- Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
- Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with more than 15 unique tracks and over a hundred sound effects.