Force Unleashed II Somehow Has Boba Fett

Fresh from the sarlacc pit.

OK, let’s pretend we’ve somehow managed to keep up with all the weird and convoluted prequels, offshoots, extended universe books and other random Star Wars canon that has managed to spew out of Skywalker Ranch over the last bazillion years. We still don’t know what the hell Boba Fett is doing in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.

Well, sure, technically the ‘as useful as a third armpit*’ bounty hunter was alive at the time, but is anyone else feeling this galaxy far, far away is pretty small, small in terms of characters? It’s like LOST and everyone knows everyone. If HyperDriveShaft turn up, I’m out.

The fan-favourite was confirmed as appearing in the game at Comic-con, with Eurogamer providing further detail after receiving an email about his inclusion. Warning: minor spoilers ahead:

“Boba Fett is totally in the game, but you don’t get to play him or anything. Darth Vader hires him to hunt down Juno, the love interest from the first game, in order to lure Starkiller’s clone into his grasp.”

If that wasn’t enough, check out the below video I found while trying to amuse my four year old nephew this afternoon on YouTube. Thank you IGN, you’re the perfect pacifier.

*Seriously? Galaxy’s best assassin? Dude fell into what looked like a sandy sphincter. Oh dear.

Source: Eurogamer

1. colossalblue
    Team TSA: Editor

Apparently the books (or the cartoon or some other dreadful greedy offshoot that nobody should really give the time of day) has him climbing out of the Sarlacc Pit. Which is about as ridiculous as Greedo firing first.
    Fett is a huge fan favourite so he’s crow-barred into everything they think they can get him into because they know that fans love to see him and will pay for the thrill.
    He is badass though, as long as there’s nothing nearby he can trip on. And Slave 1 (his ship) is also awesome.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 19:49.
    • gurglesletch

He doesn’t climb out. He gets rescued by Dengar (another Bounty Hunter)and becomes his partner for a short time and then he is a minor character in a few of the other star wars books and actually helps Han Solo on a few occasions.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 21:23.
      • PoorPaddy89

He does climb out. He blasts his way out with a thermal detonator and his jetpack (if I remember correctly). THEN he is rescued by Dengar, who finds him basically naked and half-dead, having nearly blown himself up. He climbs out in the short story ‘Tales of the Bounty Hunters: A Barve Like That’, and is rescued in ‘The Bounty Hunter Chronicles I: The Mandalorian Armour’.

I’m so much less into Star Wars than I was about 5 years ago, but anything Boba still gets my attention :P

Comment posted on 26/07/2010 at 00:37.
  2. ProjectJAY

isn’t this game set before Episode VI? cos then it would actually make sense that he’s alive…

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 19:56.
    • colossalblue
      Team TSA: Editor

Yes, I think so.
      I also think the point is that just because it would be possible for him to be there, that doesn’t mean he has to be there. Was there only one bounty hunter in the whole galaxy?
      Still, Boba Fett is awesome so who cares ;)

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:00.
    • Ryan1991

It is set between episode 3 and 4 so yeah it does make sense why he is in it but I think Kovacs is saying that they couldv’e have created some new characters rather than shove Boba in it. But like CB said, he’s a fan favourite and the devs aren’t stupid enough to know they will sell more copies.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:00.
    • Kovacs

Yep – as stated above, I’m not disputing that he was alive at the time, it’s just that he’s been shoe-horned in to appease the fans. The Star Wars universe appears to be almost incestuously small.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:21.
      • jikomanzoku
        Since: Jan 2010

It’s the lack of creativity and fear of crapness that resulted from Episodes 1-3 I guess.

Comment posted on 26/07/2010 at 10:13.
  3. JamesF

Everybody knows Boba Fett is the greatest. He even says so himself: http://www.adultswim.co.uk/videos/robot-chicken/down-goes-solo

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:27.
  4. Timesh1993
    Since: Apr 2009

Jango was obviously a lot better than Boba.
    i’m jus’ sayin’

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:41.
    • xdarkmagician

Cad Bane ftw

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:51.
    • PoorPaddy89

I liked Jango, but it pisses me off that they decided to change Boba’s voice in the DVD remakes of the original trilogy to match his voice. Temuera Morrison doesn’t carry off the cool dark calmn that Jason Wingreen had.

Comment posted on 26/07/2010 at 00:41.
  5. Mick939

Bobs feet was/ is amazing also it’s set before VI

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:45.
    • Kovacs

Bobs feet? I hope that was a bad iPhone autotext hiccup.

And AGAIN, no one is saying this is set after VI! Read the text and you’ll see I never claimed Fett couldn’t be in this.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:51.
  6. xdarkmagician

I have always wondered what makes Boba Fett so damed popular. I always felt it was because he’s one of the few background characters that had a name that was spoken in the films. Technically, he should be equally matched with any stormtrooper, but because he has a rocket on his back and… Anyway it’ll be nice to lay the smack to Fett this fall, too bad he’ll survive the encounter.

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 20:49.
  7. Danza Di Fuoco

Like sneaking Pilaf Machine into Mobile Suit Gundam for the lulz….. can’t wait but hey its because of the fans

Comment posted on 25/07/2010 at 22:22.
  8. PoorPaddy89

Just give us a remake of Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Fett nerds like me will lap it up. Or Bounty Hunter II and let us play as Boba. He’s easily the most popular character in the Star Wars universe.

Comment posted on 26/07/2010 at 00:47.
  9. maneorix
    Since: Oct 2008

Boba Fett? Meh, I’d much rather be introduced to some new awesome character. Fett’s getting old for me..

Comment posted on 26/07/2010 at 02:10.