Capcom has announced the release date for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. The game is set to hit store shelves on March 20th for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in North America. The PC version does not have a release date yet.
Capcom also revealed some pre-order details. If you pre-order Operation Raccoon City from GameStop, Amazon or Best Buy, you will receive an additional costume for all six playable characters and two bonus weapons. Each retailer will have its own unique pair of weapons, unfortunately.
There’s also going to be a Special Edition of the game and it includes the following items:
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Steelbook with exclusive art
- Stylized foil sleeve
- Umbrella Security Service embroidered patch
- Spec Ops Field Unit embroidered patch
- All eight bonus weapons (eight could be a typo seeing as Capcom only announced six so far)
We should be getting some screenshots soon. We’ll update this post once that happens. Until then, now seems like a good time to rant about retailer specific DLC.
Source: Press Release