Uncharted 3 To Receive Double Update On Monday

Includes DLC toggle.

Naughty Dog has announced that patch 1.08 and 1.09 will both roll out next Monday, the 9th of April. Both title updates usher in a fair few significant tweaks to gameplay including weapon/medal kickback balances.

Most notably, 1.08 will include the long-awaited option to toggle DLC on and off. Naughty Dog has also warned players to save/upload their precious cinema files as they will become corrupted after installing 1.08, thereby crashing the game if selected from the in-game menu. For a full list of patch notes read below and be sure to check out the accompanying videos too.

Update 1.08

Gameplay

• Cloaked level 3 booster better masks the player’s sounds when equipped
  • Increased default Tau Sniper ammo total to 18
  • Fixed certain regions on Ruins and Facility maps where a thrown Plunder or Treasure Hunter idol would not respawn
  • Crushing difficulty on Plaza and Village for Shade Survival is now locked until properly unlocked via gameplay
  • Players can no longer infinitely hold a high-five pose to avoid being grabbed by a Choker in Co-Op modes

Technical

• Players are now able to vote on the difficulty of Co-Op matches no matter where they are on the menu when the voting period begins
  • Players can no longer join the party of a player that is viewing a Cinema file

User Interface

• DLC Toggle added to the Options menu

Gameplay

• G-MAL stopping power reduced by 50%
  • Shield’s health increased by 18%
  • Auto aim while jumping reduced on double-barrel shotguns
  • Bullet spread for AK-47 tightened by ~10%

General

• All cinema files captured pre patch 1.09 are no longer accessible

Server

• Updated the server-side to allow for live updates to weapon functionality

Source: Naughty Dog Blog

1. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Sounds good, great game uncharted 3

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 09:56.
    • Jim Hargreaves

The DLC toggle especially. I’ve yet to feel as though Ive had my money’s worth from Flashback Map Pack 2 due to its rarity in current matchmaking.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 09:58.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

I bought some maps in U2 & over a period of a couple of months they never showed up for me (yes I had the right setting selected) piss poor.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 11:57.
  2. yogdog
    Since: Feb 2010

‘CINEMA FILES NOTE: All cinema files created pre-patch 1.09 will no longer be available.’
    That’s really, really poor. I have 2 friends who have tonnes of cinema files and to know they’ll all be going down the shitter after this update is really bad.
    Don’t know what it is about Uncharted 3 but it’s really not grabbed me like Uncharted 2 did in the slightest, and the post release support hasn’t been the greatest from what I’ve seen.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 10:01.
    • stage1
      Since: Feb 2012

It says you can upload them first and then they won’t be corrupt.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 10:23.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

Did you not read the start? If they upload them, they’ll be fine.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 10:24.
      • yogdog
        Since: Feb 2010

I thought it just meant that you had the option of uploading them to an external area but then can’t use them on the PS3 or something…
        So, yes, thanks, I did read the bloody start. I was just wrong in what I thought was happening.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 10:50.
      • yogdog
        Since: Feb 2010

My god I sounded narky there-sorry dude. Been a rough few days, I didn’t mean any harm by it.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 11:22.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

Haha, no offence caused, don’t worry. :P

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 12:16.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

I wasn’t very good but I played U2 online a fair amount, but I’ve only dabbled with U3, didn’t grab me either. Much like the SP in that respect. :(

Bearing in mind it’s got the online pass this year I don’t think it has been supported as well as U2 either, I’m sure it possibly has been it just doesn’t feel like it.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 11:55.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

I believe yogdogs right, no pre 1.09 will be viewable or uploadable after this weekend. At least that’s how it reads on the nd blog.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 21:58.
  3. Jack6

Surely, the G-MAL dominated the competitive and needed some nerfing, but… -50% damage!?

I’d rather want a faster TTK, in general, not the contrary.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 11:12.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Stopping power, not damage. So the same number of bullets will still kill someone, but that someone will be able to move quicker whilst taking fire, making them a slightly tougher target.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 12:59.
      • Jack6

Aha. As usually: stopping power = damage. It is due to CoD, much likely…

So less flinch, then. I’ll have to try it myself. ;)

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 13:26.
      • teflon
        Community Team

Mmmm. I dunno. Stopping power has always meant the reduction of the speed of the player that is shot to me. Of course, when damage is very high and health quite low, it doesn’t factor in so much. It’s very noticeable in UC games that once you’ve taken lots of damage you move really, really slowly for a second or two.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 14:51.
      • Jim Hargreaves

Looking at the vid (and using a bit of common sense) I would say that stopping power, in relation to UC3, means flinch. A 50% damage nerf would be insane, though the GMAL does have a slightly unfair amount of SP.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 19:39.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

Wasn’t there a stopping power perk that increased damage?

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 22:01.
  4. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Glad they tightened the bullet spread of the AK as well.
    I remember trying to put a whole round into someone for only two bullets to hit them.

Comment posted on 07/04/2012 at 12:05.
  5. Kaminari
    Since: Jan 2010

The high-five was funny. It will be missed.

Comment posted on 08/04/2012 at 15:47.