You

Community Chronicle: 27/01/13

On the Prole.

All that wonderful snow is slowly disappearing from my neck of the woods. I’ve just got a small patch left, but it’s far out of my reach on the roof. This makes me sad.

McProley is the man sharing his gaming set up this week, with a pretty fantastic collection to his name. I’ll hand over to him to explain what’s on show:

My set up is two PS3′s, a phatty and a slim. Don’t worry, I never have them sat on the speakers, its just for display purposes!

I usually only use the slim as I’ve had my phatty for way too long now and don’t want to risk the old YLOD, but it’s nice to have two for insurance purposes. I’ll probably get the new model soon too, just to have the complete set, as I can’t imagine I’ll get a PS4 straight off the mark.

I like to keep my old 128k speccy close to hand and on display just in case I fancy a quick burn on her, although tuning the thing on is not an easy task. I have a 48k speccy too, but that is all boxed up in the loft now along with countless boxes of tapes.

I’m very proud to have my gold edition big box version of Elite on show though, as that’s one of the true classics in computer game history and I spent so many hours on it when I was a kid. Spitting Image was also a great game, it was the first beat ‘em up I played and nothing could bring greater satisfaction than smashing up Thatcher!

One outstanding collection you have there, and a sensible head on your shoulders to know not to keep a PS3 on top of an electromagnet!

If you’d like to share your gaming set up too, please use the submission form below, get in touch with me on twitter @teflon, or just send me an email out of the blue with teflon@thesixthaxis.com.

This week was notable not for big game releases, but rather big demos for big game releases! Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance both saw the light of day in this form, with quite a few people wading in with opinions on them. As it happens, neither really blew anyone away, but Dead Space 3 certainly sounds like it had a couple more upsides to it than MGR:R. What did you think?

Outperforming expectations, Taylor Made rather enjoyed his play through of Resistance: Burning Skies, a game which reviewed rather poorly across the board. Similarly, LTG Davey enjoyed every single second on his playthrough of DmC, which has all those divisive gameplay and stylistic changes.

Over in the trophy room, Flexxible rushed in with fastest times for Devil May Cry HD and Dead or Alive 5 this past week, with Wolf-OF-Chaos also claiming Resident Evil 6′s. Crazy_Del managed to take Call of Duty: Black Ops 2′s, thanks in part to teaming up with B_Cambo, FontanaBoy and AjK99 to do Tower of Babble. Sounds like it was a particularly tricky mission that absolutely required four players. Read about it here, and maybe ask for some people to join you, as Youles, Tobo and Co. are planning.

While we’re on the topic of co-op play, myself, Bodachi and Topgearsam finished lying, cheating and breaking our way through Trine 2 last night. That’s right, we had a glorious time of it, with many a sacrifice made by the sorcerer, conjuring up boxes and planks for the thief and knight to stand on and reach various ledges. We generally just mashed our way through every situation, and for that we’re very sorry, Frozenbyte…

Elsewhere, Cam_manutd took both Platinum trophies for Sound Shapes (Actually, that reminds me… I should install it on PS3 and claim mine!), Flexxible returned with a not-as-fast Vanquish run and kjkg absolutely killed to get Hitman: Absolution’s. McProley found the last of the security gates for Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita, whilst Freezebug secreted a large purple fallus in his pocket as he took the Platinum and 100% of the DLC trophies for Saints Row: The Third.

Speaking of 100%, Youles’ quest into the jungles of the unknown continued, as he played cards to complete Uncharted: Fight for Fortune, and also polished off all the DLC trophies for Uncharted 2. Including the incredibly tricky Protectorate trophy…

Much of this pales in comparison to Crazy_Del‘s upcoming achivement, though. He is just 25 trophies away from the big 10,000 trophy mark. Something which I find particularly mind boggling, I must admit!

Next week?

That’s almost your lot, but you can head over to page two for the full trophy leaderboards. To finish off this page, we have the usual submission form for photos and accomplishments. Don’t hold back!

Community Chronicle Entry Form
Please submit your entry in the form below.
TSA id: *
Email address: *
Which feature do you wish to submit your entry to? *
Details about your accomplishment or rig? *
If you have a picture then please upload it here.

Read more: # #
  1. Origami Killer

Impressive! I like the yellow controller. I should also finish off getting that FC3 plat, havent played it for a while :/

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 11:38.
  2. Crazy_Del

Nice set up McProley and I like them Night Googles of MW3 (Is that the right game)
    Thanks Teflon and if it helps I have just obtained 10,000th Trophy –
    “Get a Life” Unreal Tournament III
    (Get 200 kills in multiplayer on 50 different days)
    I thought that would be a good idea and a great laugh xD I’m just glad I went for 9999 and then played Unreal Tournament III
    Well done to these on Platinums and it seems this month must have been the biggest Platinum in total to achieve as a whole member of TSA. Just fantastic.
    By the way its achievement not achivement =P

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 11:53.
    • MadJunkBoy
      Since: Aug 2010

haha awesome that u went for the “Get a Life” trophy for ur 10,000th trophy!

well done del!! =D

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 13:16.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Thanks mate, the googles are from MW2. Congrats on the 10,000 trophies, thats insane!

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 11:07.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

That’s a nice set up, please don’t tell me your speakers are connected to ps3 lol that would be one hell of a gaming experience.

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 11:56.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Yup, I have my speakers hooked up to my PS3 but they are properly used for mixing when i DJ

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 11:10.
      • Dom El
        Since: Mar 2012

Now that’s an idea! Although the 2000k rig I have for my band might be (a) overkill, and (b) grounds for divorce!

Awesome set up dude!

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 12:41.
  4. TSBonyman

That speaker setup looks like it packs a punch, you must have very understanding neighbours!

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 12:09.
    • teflon
      Community Team

And/or very deaf neighbours. :P

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 12:39.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

haha! Yup, neighbours are pretty cool about the noise!

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 11:11.
  5. Alex C
    One for all.

Spectrum games = best reader setup yet.

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 13:14.
  6. MadJunkBoy
    Since: Aug 2010

awesome setup McProley!
    looks like an awesome gaming corner! love it! =D

My brother just updated our gaming room with a Samsung 47″ LED SMART 3D TV for his XboX 360… Dat TV looks awesome!!

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 13:23.
  7. freezebug2

Great rig Proley, those speakers would play nicely with Rocksmith! :P

Well done Del, and as you messaged me earlier to let me know, now the 19th in the UK and 200th in the world trophy leaderboards is no mean feat.

Top accomplishment dude ;)

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 14:43.
    • freezebug2

You’ve reminded me now, I forgot to include a picture of my Amiga 1200 and games in my set up pics :(

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 14:46.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Cheers mate, although Ive not played Rocksmith, DJ Hero is pretty cool with those speakers.

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 11:15.
  8. Motalla
    Since: Dec 2011

Flexxible, gefeliciteerd met de DOA5 platinum. Ik wist niet tot voor kort dat er meerdere op de TSA ermee bezig waren.

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 14:48.
  9. bunimomike

The snow has gone and so has your heart. No mention or recognition of the beautiful relationship we’ve cultivated on Saints Row the Third where we take on the world with our gimp suited sluts supporting our every fist-exploding move.

You have no soul. :-p

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 15:05.
  10. hazelam

oh my god, nostalgiagasm, i used to have one of those speccys, and elite, the hours i spent playing that.
    thank god for the precious post docking computer save.

never time skip while docking though, trust me on that one.

the great thing about that spectrum was, once the game was loaded, and on the 128k they often loaded everything at once, you could put in a music tape and play that.

who’s been drawing on your wall though? ^_^

Comment posted on 27/01/2013 at 16:37.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Lol! Yeah, I always played my old rave tapes after loading up my games. Docking was hard enough anyway!
      The quite a few of us used to draw over my walls when I had big parties. That particular wall was the “graf corner”

Comment posted on 28/01/2013 at 11:20.