You

Community Chronicle: 03/03/13

Fleeing the nest.

There’s always some kind of kerfuffle these days. From last week’s highs of the PS4, we’re back down to the daily grind as Cliffy B causes waves with his comments on micro transactions, everyone’s favourite thing.

But take a break from all your worries, as we go and visit Fillip2k‘s place to see where he gets all his gaming done:

So, seeing as I’ll be moving out of my room in my parents house to become a fully fledged tax paying adult, I wanted to immortalise my room before I move into a rental dive when I start my new job. The PC was built a fair few years ago and has only recently started showing its age. Its an Intel quad-core Q6600 clocked at 3.2ghz with a 275GTX and a 20″ monitor.

Had some pretty fun times with this rig not just for games but using it as a jukebox for parties back at uni, those speakers although small are room shaking-ly loud, to the point that after a particularly rambunctious house party I was paid a visit by the police and environmental health! Luckily I got away with just a warning!

As for the PS3, I was using my monitor for it until my dad took pity on me looking forlornly at the LCD TV section in the local Curry’s, which is when I got my 32″ TV. The games collection has shrunk a little, as when I was a student I used to trade in games when finished to buy the next one I wanted, but I’ve stopped that now, and I already held on to the particularly good ones. The PC games collection looks a bit dated now but that’s only because Steam has pretty much killed my physical disc purchasing.

So there is it. My current rig which, by the end of the week, will be dismantled and making its way up to Cambridge.

Make a note of this date, and maybe we’ll come visit you again once you’re all unpacked and settled into the new pad.

Good luck with the move!

Well now, this seems like the busiest week I’ve seen this year! In particular, people are really starting to chew through some of the newer releases, but there’s also a nice mix of older titles being polished off.

We’ll kick off with KeRaSh and McProley, who have both managed to platinum Ni No Kuni. (Though KeRaSh did it a fair bit quicker) McProley’s also finished his first run through of Dead Space 3, and has been plugging away at Assassin’s Creed: Liberation on the Vita.

He’s not the only one, as MrFodder has finished his play of AC:L, whilst Bambo_19 has slogged away at Wipeout 2048 for the platinum. That’s one which is well beyond my skills, and a lovely game to reach 50 platinums with!

Sticking with the Vita a little longer, Element666 is just a single trophy away from the PSASBR platinum on Vita, but he’s already finished the full list on PS3 for his first platinum of the year.

Taylor Made and kjkg both have the Sleeping Dogs platinum this week, and reading between the lines, kjkg might even have all the DLC trophies. That’s something which Freezebug has been working on in F1 Race Stars, as he and R1MJAW both headed to the full 100%, which R1M also managed for the predictably tricky Urban Trial Freestyle.

Wolf-OF-chaos has sliced and diced his path through Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and the all-to-brief DLC for DmC. Meanwhile, Youles has his first platinum of the year, finally hitting the last few trophies for DiRT Showdown!

We round things off with our pair of fastest platinums for the week, as Forrest_01 went for Crash Time 4: The Syndicate, and Crazy_Del, at long, long last has finally got the big shiny trophy for Crysis 2. It might be 2 years after release, but it’s still fastest!

As a bonus, and as promised, we check in with The Totally Bodacious Adventures of MadJunkBoy & Youles, as they play Dead Space 3 together. It doesn’t skip anything at all from the first 3 chapters, but you can jump around if you like. The prologue is at 3:21, Chapter 1 at 14:48, Chapter 2 at 50:42 and Chapter 3 at 1:02:01…

I skipped about a little and watched a few minutes at a time, for the record.

That’s almost your lot, but you can head over to page two for the full trophy leaderboards. To finish off this page, we have the usual submission form for photos and accomplishments. Don’t hold back!

Community Chronicle Entry Form
Please submit your entry in the form below.
TSA id: *
Email address: *
Which feature do you wish to submit your entry to? *
Details about your accomplishment or rig? *
If you have a picture then please upload it here.

Read more: # #
  1. Origami Killer

That’s such a nice set up, just so neat and tidy!

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 12:02.
  2. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Nice set up there chap.

Thanks for the mention :) I platinumed the walking dead yesterday, making it 18 plaques overall yay & 2 plats in 2013. Need update my psn I.D.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 12:20.
  3. freezebug2

It is a great looking rig and it’s lovely to see a Phatty set up for use rather than a museum piece.
    Someone earned more trophies than Del since the last leaderboard, just…wow! :P
    Good to see Forrest get a fastest plat rather than allow it to hit the backlog pile of WIP’s ;)

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 12:24.
    • Crazy_Del

lol I was busy playing Lost Planet 2 500 matches for one bloody bronze trophy! Also Dead Space 3 aswell for a full playthrough to get 1 of each trophy! I blame these games.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:29.
      • freezebug2

Haha, just kidding I knew that you’d been on a fest of grinds ;)

Comment posted on 04/03/2013 at 10:41.
  4. fillip2k
    Since: Jun 2011

Cheers! I was particularly proud of my room. People are always surprised when they see my room as generally I look like bit of a scruffy chap. The furniture stayed with my parents though mostly because I didn’t want it getting bashed about moving.

Personally I love the old design of the PS3 it looked premium and still feels it compared to the other models they put out…

The purple Buddha you see in the first picture has a pretty funny story attached it. One of my mates was travelling around India and bought it back for me. Although she had to use it to defend herself from some pervert who walked up behind her in the street and grabbed her boobs. So she turned round and beat him over the head with a bag full of plastic Buddhas… Most of the ornaments are presents and have some kind of story attached to them.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 12:38.
    • bunimomike

Good that Buddhism finally starts to up the body count. It’s got some catching up to do! ;-)

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 17:37.
  5. Mike
    Since: Oct 2008

Bro, do you even lift?

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:21.
    • fillip2k
      Since: Jun 2011

Yah Brahh… Hit a bit of a plateau recently and then with the prep for moving hardly went to the gym this month… Gonna find a place in Cambridge now and get back into it

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:42.
      • Mike
        Since: Oct 2008

Good to hear another TSA bro lifts :p I try and go to the gym as much as possible although sometimes I can become lazy lol

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:46.
      • fillip2k
        Since: Jun 2011

Yeah my squats are pretty strong, bench is a bit weak. My Shoulders always seem to give way.

Dunno if I need to work more on my shoulders or if I’ve got poor form.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 14:15.
      • Mike
        Since: Oct 2008

I’ve got naturally broad shoulders so find those exercises alright.

I’m pretty weak on the bench too – need to work on the old biceps and triceps

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 19:21.
      • fillip2k
        Since: Jun 2011

In which case 21’s and Skull Crushers FTW!

I only find my shoulders tire when I use a barbell, dumbbell presses I can bash out some pretty respectable sets on. Although oddly my right tends to give away towards the end rather than my left. I’m right handed so would have thought it would be the other way round.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 19:44.
      • blackredyellow
        Since: Mar 2009

Greg Plitt, all the motivation you need right there chaps.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 20:18.
  6. Crazy_Del

Nice and neat set up there. Far better than mine xD
    Thanks for the mentioned again Tef and it has been a great/busy week for all of us trophy hunters with a game or 2 that were 70 plus hours for the platinum!
    Well done lads ;)

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:31.
  7. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Nice set up. What’s the wooden box in the 3rd pic? Looks a bit like one of the Assassins Creed special editions.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:40.
    • fillip2k
      Since: Jun 2011

Nope I steer clear of special editions mostly. Only one I ever bought was the GTA4 one and I regretted it so never bought one since. The box was a present from my uncle when we went to Shimla in India.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 13:44.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

Ah right, what was so bad about the GTA4 SE?

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 15:04.
      • fillip2k
        Since: Jun 2011

I liked the safety deposit box thing, that’s been useful. The duffle bag fell apart and the book I didn’t find that interesting. Just didn’t feel it warranted spending 65 odd pounds on really for me.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 15:32.
  8. dude90

I’m more surprised at a working Phat PS3 model.

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 15:39.
  9. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

Wow, your room is so tidy it reminds me of a dentists waiting room. Great setup though fella.
    Thanks for the mention agaion Tef :)

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 16:01.
  10. MadJunkBoy
    Since: Aug 2010

nice looking setup there mate!
    and thx for the menion about the Let’s Play me and youles are doing! =D
    2 new vids are out now and they are shorter than this vid, promise! =D

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 20:10.