Full List Of VGX Awards

Who won?

We’ll have our own Game of the Year awards soon. Those are naturally the only ones which matter, but if you’d like to read the list of VGX awards, then we’ve put them you below after enduring three hours of the ceremony. Grand Theft Auto V naturally won big while The Last of Us was snubbed from a few categories, but won both voice acting awards and Naughty Dog won studio of the year. We won’t spoil it for you any more.

• Game of the Year – Grand Theft Auto V
  • Best Song In A Game – “Will the Circle be Unbroken?”, BioShock Infinite
  • Best Soundtrack – Grand Theft Auto V
  • Best Xbox Game – Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Best Voice Actor – Troy Baker as Joel, The Last of Us
  • Best Voice Actress – Ashley Johnson as Ellie, The Last of Us
  • Most Anticipated Game – Titanfall

Developers celebrated their wins in different and creative ways, some of which were highlights of the show. Naughty Dog’s win for Studio of the Year was particularly brilliant, including this amazing moment where Joel from The Last of Us re-enacted the famous Antonio Banderas reaction GIF:

Read more: # #
  1. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

That GIF is a classic!!

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:33.
    • bunimomike

Hannypoppie and I are laughing out loud here. That reaction animation is sublime! Nailed it.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:43.
  2. arrybags
    Since: Sep 2010

The one thing I really don’t understand is GTA V is game of the year (deservedly so) but somehow it’s not the best action/adventure game which it was nominated for.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:34.
  3. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

How is Blood Dragon DLC? It was standalone.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:37.
    • Blair Inglis
      hisnameisblair

And BioShock Infinite isn’t really a good shooter, aside from the tear mechanics.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:38.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

GTA V GOTY GTFO & Bioshock ain’t a shooter.

The only game here that won the right category is ni no Kuni

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:47.
    • Airou

but it is shooter?

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 19:01.
      • rosswilson17
        Since: Jun 2013

I think it is a shooter but the shooter elements were average. Don’t get me wrong its one of my favourite games this gen but not because its a shooter.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 19:08.
  5. Vallon
    Since: Sep 2013

Did anyone watch it live? The hosts were terrible and it was cringe worthy at times!

A few good announcements and demos but doubt I’ll bother staying up to watch it next time, I’ll let the good people at TSA annouce the highlights :D

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 15:56.
    • Blair Inglis
      hisnameisblair

I did. I need my 2 hours and 45 minutes back.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 16:26.
    • Takyu
      Since: Aug 2012

It was pretty awful, I hope they bring back the actual full scale award show for next year. That being said, the reveal of No Man’s Sky almost made it worth watching for me.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 17:03.
    • RudeAwakening
      Since: Jan 2011

Yeah i stayed up watching it. Had it running through the PS4, but yeah the presenter Joel was a complete tool, and was completely rude to the point i was cringing on my sofa. By the way who where the idiots down at the GTAV concert stage. Terrible just terrible!

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 19:59.
      • rosswilson17
        Since: Jun 2013

The concert was the point I turned it off.The Alchemist and the band were playing really well but all the rappers were just tools.
        Even the audience looked like they were having a much worse time than I was.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 21:15.
      • Vallon
        Since: Sep 2013

Hah yeah same time I turned it off, wasn’t bothered about the extra bit of titanfall news.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 21:22.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Best Shooter is BioShock Infinite? For me it would be COD, or perhaps even ARMA 3, although I think that will only really come of age when the SP is fully released and the mods start coming next year.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 16:14.
    • TheDemocrodile

I thought it deserved it! I seem to be in a minority though. Arma 3 will no doubt be the better pure shooter though, COD can never touch the anal attention to detail and physics that Bohemia put into the series.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 23:42.
  7. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

Bioshock Infinite best shooter….my arse and GTA V best soundtrack….imo the soundtrack was OK at best and definitely not as good as the soundtracks from the earlier GTA’s. The best soundtrack in the series was from GTA Vice City imo.

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 19:56.
  8. Germanos
    Since: May 2011

Sorry, for a stupid question, but since I haven’t played GTAV yet and the previous titles featured pop, rock, etc. music titles shouldn’t the “Best Soundtrack” be awarded by a game which had it’s UNIQUE soundtrack, created, composed, recorded especially for the title?

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 07:25.
    • KittDJW

I completely agree. It’s crazy and a kick in the teeth to developers who put in so much work to produce a masterpiece that receives no recognition.

The Last of us, Assassins Creed, etc had wonderful soundtracks that should be praised not bad raps about gansters and guns which is what half of the GTA5 soundtrack seemed to be to me.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 19:36.
  9. Moonpie
    Since: Oct 2012

How can Forza be the best driving game when it has only just been released.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 19:22.
    • KittDJW

Forza 5 WTF!! the reviews weren’t all that great. A couple of friends are reconsidering getting an XB1 now due to it not being as good as anticipated.

The whole show sounded like a farce. Bad for gamers indeed. :(

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 19:28.
  10. KittDJW

Can’t wait for TSA’s games of the year. The site is just getting better guys! Where else can i go to login and have to have a simple maths test to avoid Alzheimers.

Looking forward to the New Age of PS4 with you all. :)

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 19:41.
    • Moonpie
      Since: Oct 2012

Although you keep putting your answer into the password field….

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 23:47.
      • KittDJW

Once man!.. I did it once… :)

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 23:51.