PlayStation Japan Shares A Preview Of Firmware Update 1.70

A glimpse of Sharefactory.

A few days ago Firmware Update 1.70 was announced for the PS4, bringing with it HDCP off and Sharefactory. Now PlayStation Japan has released a video to show the new features in action, and even though it is in Japanese it’s pretty easy to follow. It’s broken down into showing just how Sharefactory works, as well as the way to transfer content from the PS4 to other storage media, and also the Vita TV remote play functionality.

We already know that Sharefactory will allow users to edit gameplay videos, and this demonstration shows how you’ll be able to that including placing images on the footage, slowing it down, and sound editing too. It looks like it could be a fun, and useful, tool to play around with with the possibilities of pinpointing locations of collectables and how to beat levels.

We’re also shown how simple it will be to transfer images and video to a USB storage device, as it looks like all you do is plug it in, go to the Captures folder, select want you want to move, and then confirm it. Of course the speed at which the data will be transferred will depend on the size of the file. The video also shows the Vita TV remote play, which looks exactly like the process used by the regular Vita. Since the Vita TV has still not be confirmed for a release outside Japan, this is more of an extra we won’t be able to use. At least not yet.

Source: PlayStation Japan

1. TSBonyman

Only a few days to go now..!

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 13:27.
    • Broonba
      Since: Mar 2009

When’s the update out?

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 18:05.
  2. Gaztee
    Since: Mar 2009

I’m hoping that I can get the PSV tv to connect with my ps4. I have the same account on both machines, so fingers crossed! It’ll save me disturbing my bros family as I get used to the time difference playing games in the bedroom, rather than in the living room :)

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 13:33.
    • TSBonyman

There’s a time difference between the bedroom and livingroom? – was the house built on one of the international datelines? :)

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 13:50.
  3. FluBBa

It also looks like they’ll be upping the quality of streaming, really good.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 13:41.
  4. Vaile23

Wonder if they’ll enable the trophy pop up in captures now? I know it’s picky, but useful for “how to” videos I suppose…

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 14:21.
  5. Jim Hargreaves

Wish they would of had this at launched but it looks awesome all the same. Sharing screenshots in particular is an absolute chore at the moment.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 14:39.
  6. DirtyHabit

Is it just me that couldn’t give a toss about this stuff?

I’d like to see, custom themes, Youtube, more Catchup TV services and better 3D support (although the latter doesn’t sound too promising)

Other than that, more games please.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 15:38.
    • duke
      Since: Apr 2011

Couldn’t agree more.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 16:42.
      • tactical20

Yep, I agree. Sharing is bollocks. 99% of people have nothing remotely interesting to share. I just want PS4 to do the stuff my PS3 did.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 17:51.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

I was loving it at first, but because it doesn’t work and its hard to share via the usual routes, it all seems pointless.

Comment posted on 29/04/2014 at 13:47.
  7. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Hopefully, we’re not far off from getting to view pictures, video and music from USB. And they have to sort out the main-menu, it’s turning into a long, annoying, horizontal list. XMB was much tidier.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 16:33.
    • djdustb
      Since: Nov 2008

Yeah the menu is really annoying I want to be able to remove items from this menu and only locate them as I need them. I have DCUO installed but I do not play it, my girlfriend does us it on another profile so I cannot delete it from the machine. Whenever it updates it is at the front of my queue which is annoying.

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 16:41.
  8. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I agree. Everyone wants to be a C list celebrity these days. Hey, look at this amazing meal I’m about to eat. Look at this expensive thing I just bought. Look at how much of an amazing time i’m having right now. Erm no. If you were having such a good time you wouldn’t be posting ‘live’ updates on Facebook/twitter. #Who Cares #Annoying #You’re a k hunt

Comment posted on 28/04/2014 at 21:38.
  9. Deezoned

Come on Vita TV EU launch!

Comment posted on 29/04/2014 at 08:48.