Yesterday evening the winners of the Games Convention 2008 Awards were announced. We’ve got the list here, handily sorted into order based on how much you will care about them.
Very Important Awards:
- Best PS3 Game: LittleBIGPlanet – Sony
Sony brings new life to an old genre, the laterally scrolling platformer. It also adds both a social and a creative element to the console world: the gamer community becomes the developer community. “Little Big Planet” comes with a convincingly vivid backdrop and almost unlimited possibilities with entertaining level structure.
- Best Hardware: PlayTV – Sony
The PlayTV enables users to record, play back and pause for playback of TV programmes received in DVB-T format. This is the first time that a game console serves as a hard drive recorder. The remote function is particularly impressive, making it possible to watch recorded TV shows or live TV programmes on the Playstation Portable (PSP).
- Best PSP Game: Resistance: Retribution – Sony
- Best PS2 Game: Too few entrants, no award made.
- Best PC Game: SPORE – Electronic Arts
- Best Xbox 360 Game: Mirror’s Edge – Electronic Arts
- Best Wii Game: SKATE IT – Electronic Arts
- Best NDS Game: SONIC CHRONICLES: Die Dunkle Bruderschaft – SEGA
- Best Mobile Game: PES 2009 – Konami
- Best Online Game: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning – Mythic Entertainment