Having watched the gorgeous trailer from E3 once again with some friends, we then all drooled over the gameplay footage from Sony’s E3 Press Conference, ultimately solidifying my already skyhigh excitement for Assassin’s Creed II. Now I just need to find £70 from somewhere by the time November arrives. Ubisoft have confirmed that the release date for the sequel will release on November 20 in the UK.
The Collectors Edition has also popped up on Play.com recently. The ‘Black Edition’ contains exactly what I want from a pricier version of the game; an interesting case, in-game bonuses, a tangible item, some videos and some sort of reading material. It’s not just any tangible item either, this is one epic figurine of Ezio.
The Black Edition contents are as follow:
- Collectable black packaging with unique authentic holographic signature
- Rare “Master Assassin” upgrade Ezio figurine (see image below) – this limited edition collectable figurine of Ezio wears an upgraded cloak, something Ezio only has access to in the advanced stages of the game.
- 3 in-game bonus quests – enter and explore the most prestigious moments of the Renaissance. Reveal mysterious unique artifacts hidden within their walls: Palazzo Medicis in Florence, Santa Maria Dei Frari and Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.
- Conspiracy Book – this 64-page finely crafted leather style hardcover and parchment-finish page book brings together exclusive insights on the game art, story and background, direct from the developers ofAssassin’s Creed II. Secret faces are also revealed from the game’s overarching conspiracy.
- Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominee for “2009 Best Original Score in a Game”)
- All videos, behind-the-scene interviews and e-goodies about Assassin’s Creed II.
So, not only was I already psyched for this game, but now I need to come up with extra cash to afford that awesome figurine.