Apparently Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was the best selling item on Amazon.co.uk last year. Not the best selling game, but the best selling thing. Incredible. Here’s the rest of the chart, there’s some oddities in there for sure, but to see a videogame conquer the mighty Amazon sales charts (where it wasn’t even the cheapest) is great news for the industry. Isn’t it?
- Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2…..Video game
- Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince….DVD
- Michael McIntyre Live 2009…..DVD
- SanDisk 8GB SDHC Secure Digital Card…..Electronics
- FIFA 10……Video games
- The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown….Books
- Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer….Books
- Star Trek XI….DVD
- I Dreamed A Dream,Susan Boyle…..Music
Brian McBride, Managing Director at Amazon.co.uk, said video games had “climbed up the food chain in terms of quality” while DVDs had “become a little passe”. He said “clearly with the success of Nintendo’s Wii console, many families have a games console somewhere in the house. It’s no longer just for teenagers. Lots of the family sit around and play games”.