The most recent edition of PC Gamer US, has revealed new information regarding Bethesda’s latest RPG.
Courtesy of Duck and Cover we have discovered that,
* The box on the first page of the preview names Bethesda as both the publisher and the developer, while the article text itself gives due credit to Obsidian and discusses the devs’ work on Fallout, Fallout 2 and Van Buren.
* New California Rangers wear modified LAPD riot armor. The trenchcoat guy from the teaser is identified as one in the article.
* Gun modifications will increase damage, ammo capacity, accuracy, rate of fire and more
* The player will be able to have two or three companions in their party
* With Raul the ghoul in your party, you’ll start to pick up clues that he’s more than just a simple mechanic
* Unsurprisingly, deathclaws and radscorpions are mentioned
* From the screenshot, Fore! indeed looks like an attack on the head, not groin, as mentioned in an earlier preview
* The dinosaur casino is identified as Dinky the Dinosaur
* NCR is described as large and powerful but bureaucratic
There are also a few interesting quotes from the writers of the article such as this one from Chris Avellone who said,
It’s a very amusing location design-wise. Vegas is like a whole city-wide amusement park. We can play on different themes, different styles. It’s fun for the artists, it’s fun for the designers… I don’t know how much fun it’s going to be for the programmers.
Finally the Magazine also reveals information in regards to the karma system,
The Karma system is mostly the same as in Fallout 3, but checked less often. Mostly we rely on reputation, because that’s what people know. Karma is just a general indicator of how much of a son of a bitch you are. If you murder people in secret, your reputation doesn’t go down because no on knows you did anything, so you can maintain a good reputation but your karma has tanked really heavily. Karma does influence some things, but reputation is usually what most people in the world base their opinions of you on.
It does look like Fallout: New Vegas could turn out to be a brilliant title, but then being based on the previous title it can hardly fail in that department. It will certainly be interesting ransacking through disused casinos and hey Ive always wanted to visit Vegas so I’m sorted.