TaleWorlds’ recent European-themed Mount & Blade spin-off, With Fire & Sword, has been updated to version 1.141. Though it consists mostly of fixes and weapon balances (reload/equip times etc.) a few gameplay alterations have also been made. Here are some of the most significant updates:
- Horses have been made faster and rebalanced.
- Characters can now crouch. The default key is ‘z’.
- New troop orders for volley firing and line formations.
- Added new types of ranged ammunition, ex: piercing arrows.
- Pikes have two types of thrusting attacks.
- Reloading interrupted by being hit is now continued where it left off.
- New grenade explosion/damage system.
- New tactics introduced via crouching pikemen/marksmen formations.
- Network code improved.
- Battlefield AI enhanced and can give the new volley fire orders.
- New Village Elder Quests.
One of the biggest complaints levelled against TaleWorlds from fans when the game originally launched was the lack of a female character option. The developer has now addressed the issue, allowing players a choice between gender, also updating Fire & Sword’s equipment gallery to include female costume variants.
Don’t forget to check out our full-written review for Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword.
Source: TaleWorlds Official Site