Electronic Arts has announced that “there have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3” and they intend to deliver the promised free copy of Battlefield 1943.
In fact, you can grab it this Saturday if you are in Europe; Americans have to wait until December 10th and those in Asia the week after on December 17th.
To download your copy of Battlefield 1943 for the PlayStation 3 you will need to follow the steps below.
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
- Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
- From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
- From the menu select redeem codes.
- Enter voucher and select continue.
- Download Battlefield 1943.