QuakeCon is upon us, as thousands of gamers lug their computers to Dallas, Texas to take part in the gigantic annual LAN party. Of course, it’s now more than a celebration of Quake and online fragging, since id Software were bought ZeniMax Media a few years back, and so it now also serves as a place for that publisher to show off some of their upcoming wares.
All the tournament gaming action is going to be streamed at Twitch.tv/QuakeCon, for those of you who like to watch gamers gaming, but there’s also a bunch of stage presentations being streamed at Twitch.tv/Bethesda.
As is traditional John Carmack opens the show, tonight at 10:30PM BST (4:30 CDT), ahead of two fairly busy days, as follows:
Friday, 2nd August
- The Evil Within – 5PM BST (11AM CDT)
- The Elder Scrolls Online – 6:30PM BST (12:30 PM CDT)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – 8PM BST (2PM CDT)
- GameTrailers’ Bonus Round w/ Geoff Keighley – 9:30PM BST (3:30PM CDT)
- Principles of Lighting & Rendering w/ John Carmack – 11PM BST (5PM CDT)
Saturday, 3rd August
- Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches – 5PM BST (11AM CDT)
- PC Perspective Hardware Workshop – 6:30PM BST (12:30PM CDT)
- From Sketchbook to the Big Screen w/ Hugo Martin, about his work on Pacific Rim – 9PM BST (3PM CDT)
Of particular note for gamers are the three big gameplay presentations tomorrow, of The Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein: The New Order, whilst the final presentation on Saturday should be a great look behind the scenes of the gigantic monster brawl-fest that is Pacific Rim.
We’ll let you know if there’s any big news, too.
Via Press Release.