The latest Plus Points Challenge has been running for a few weeks now, featuring the rather divisive Mercenary Kings. Thankfully, there’s a healthy crowd of people dedicated to crunching their times ever lower and we’ve already seen a healthy haul of entries. There’s the potential for a big shake up of the overall leaderboard in the offing, but the competition isn’t quite over!
No, this round of the Plus Points Challenge is set to run through the weekend, and entries must be with us by 6pm on Sunday 4th of May. While Mercenary Kings has now disappeared from PS+, hopefully anyone interested has already grabbed the game and can find the time to play a quick attempt or two of our competition. Considering that some people simply didn’t like the game’s style, it’s a Speed Run competition, as follows:
- Complete the level Guns N’ Blades as fast as you can in single player. The level is within the recruit section of the game.
- On the mission report screen, press the share button on your DualShock 4.
- Tweet the image of the mission completion screen to @thesixthaxis, making sure you include yourTSA username.
- Top score will get 10 leaderboard points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points and so on. Everybody who enters will receive 1 leaderboard point.
- There are no restrictions on the number of times a person can enter this competition, though please don’t spam us with entries! Each person’s best time will count.
- The closing date for entries is 6pm on Sunday 4th of May.
Your entry should look like this:
The bonus challenge this month will be to see who can collect the most bonus materials during their run-through of the same mission. 5 leaderboard points will be awarded to whichever player collects the most bonus materials. As always, if you finish in the top 10 for the main challenge then you won’t be eligible for the bonus points and the bonus points will be awarded to the player with the most bonus materials that didn’t finish in that bracket.
Every person who enters this month’s contest will also be entered into a random prize draw and one lucky TSA member will win a £10 (or $10) PSN voucher.
So, get to it. There’s a few days yet to perfect your run, whether going for the fastest time, trying to collect all the bonus materials you can, or just hoping you get your name drawn out of a hat! Good luck to you all!