The monthly NPD results are out for June and things continue to look rosy for Sony. Despite Microsoft’s new $399 Kinect-less Xbox One bundle, the PS4 still outsold it for the sixth straight month. It’s not all bad for Microsoft though, as they did see a large increase in hardware moved, doubling their next-gen console sales over the prior month.
On the software side of things, Watch Dogs continues to impress, with Mario Kart 8 racing into an impressive second place finish despite only being available on one platform.
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
Although software numbers were down just slightly under last year at this time, hardware continues to sell like crazy with both the PS4 and XBO exceeding the sell rate of their older brothers. Overall, the big number was $736.4 million spent on video game products just last month, which is pretty crazy when you consider that’s just in the US and doesn’t include any digital sales.