I’d like to apologise in advance for just how long I bang on about Alien: Isolation on this week’s podcast. Kris asks the question and then I seemed to just keep remembering interesting things or situations from the game that I wanted to mention. It’s a game that’s not without its issues but the fact that they absolutely nailed the atmosphere and feeling of tension that was at the core of Alien in 1979 made me love it.
Lewis wasn’t available to record so we’re short on anything to do with films but Kris had been to EGX since our last recording so he had Mortal Kombat X to talk about, as well as a whole raft of smaller interesting titles from indie developers that he saw at the show.
Kev has playing Destiny again and seems enraptured with its uncanny ability to make online shooters actually fun. A lot of that seems to be the fact that he’s found a couple of groups of people he can play with.
We did a quiz about advertising and took some great listener questions before wrapping up and saying goodbye.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast or send them to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- Or, if SoundCloud’s more your sort of thing, we now post the podcast over there too, which you can see embedded below.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter:
- Kris – @halbpro
- Lewis – @lewisgaston
- Kev – @kevatron400
- Peter – @colossalblue
- TSAPodcast – @TSAPodcast