Microsoft are getting into the gift giving spirit, in order to celebrate the first birthday of the Xbox One on Saturday. Some are for everyone, with special pictures, backgrounds and free film and TV rentals, while others are to be handed out a little more randomly, ranging from in game DLC to a whole new Xbox One bundle.
But first, they wanted to share some stats. All Xbox One owners will receive an email, detailing their accomplishments in games over the course of the year, but as a collective group, Xbox gamers have managed the following:
- Overall, the total community Gamerscore earned on Xbox One is more than 11 billion
- Fans spent more than 2 billion hours playing games on Xbox One
- The top four most popular achievements unlocked include:
- Forza Motorsport 5: Welcome to Forza Motorsport
- Titanfall: Build Yourself
- Destiny: Ship Rite
- Call of Duty: Ghosts: Spatial Awareness
Let’s be honest, those most popular achievements are hardly all that surprising, as some of the first trophies you’ll be awarded in four of the largest releases since launch.
Everyone who bought an Xbox One before 11/11/14 and has at least 10 hours of play – you might also need to be signed up for marketing emails – will receive:
- A Year One Gamer Picture
- New Xbox One backgrounds – A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
- A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
- A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
- A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
While players will be drawn at random for a chance to get the following:
- Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
- Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
- One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
- Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
- Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
- Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
- Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
- Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
- Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
- Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
- Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
- Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
- 75 Platinum in Warframe
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
- Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
- Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
- Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
I’ve always found it a little odd when prize draws give away something that actually made you elligible to enter the draw, but then again, there’s always the allure of the fancy consoles.
Source: Major Nelson