Owners of Shovel Knight are set to benefit from the generosity of the Kickstarter community soon.
The game was over-funded during the Kickstarter campaign and because of this the developer, Yacht Club Games, has committed to releasing content updates at no extra cost to players. Plague of Shadows is the first content update to be announced and has been given some details.
The expansion will feature Plague Knight who will turn on his former allies, the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter, in order to gather the ingredients for Serum Supernus, the ultimate potion.
Here is a list of the new features:
- Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight. Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way
- Crafting comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System. Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups
- Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster
- New objectives and enemies
- Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels
- New bosses
- Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is due to be playable at PAX East this coming weekend but there is no news on a release date just yet. Keep checking back for more news soon.