Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer Shines The Spotlight On The SAS

Fast & deadly.

Ubisoft has started to release trailers showcasing the different units that will be present in Rainbow Six: Siege, with the first looking at the British Unit aka the SAS. The footage is set in a plane where a hostage needs to be extracted from the group that has sealed itself in. The four soldiers going by the codenames Mute, Thatcher, Smoke, and Sledge are specialists in rappelling in to dangerous situations, and moving quickly through areas.

The trailer shows various equipment that can be used including explosives to breach walls, toxic gas grenades, and mobile cameras which also appear to be bombs. This team will be one of the main squads within Siege, which will also include the US FBI, Russia’s Spetsnaz, France’s GIGN, and Germany’s GSG-9. More of the game’s operators will be revealed soon, and you can view who they are here.

Source: Youtube

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

The game play looks exciting, but nothing like what Rainbow Six should be. I wonder what it will actually play like, fingers crossed we hear about the beta soon.

Comment posted on 23/04/2015 at 21:31.
  2. beeje13
    Since: Jan 2010

FBI? What happened to SWAT or SEALS lol?

But seriously, I hope they pull this off.

Comment posted on 23/04/2015 at 22:19.
  3. NicholasHeathfield
    Since: Apr 2015

Wow, I didn’t know Bane was going to be in Rainbow Six!

Comment posted on 23/04/2015 at 23:50.
  4. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

I’m not sure what to think of this. Looks alright so far, but not like the typical R6 game I know and couldn’t get enough of.
    Hats off to them trying something different, but please tell me this is only 1 game mode and there will be a decent campaign similar to the previous games, and more importantly, Terrorist Mode, not just 4 x 4 sieges.
    With the previous campaigns and terrorist modes, they’ve got a formula that works and what people want. I like it when people try something new, but in this case I don’t think it needs it.

Comment posted on 24/04/2015 at 09:47.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

*Terrorist HUNT Mode

Comment posted on 24/04/2015 at 09:55.
      • beeje13
        Since: Jan 2010

Phew, that calmed things down.

Comment posted on 24/04/2015 at 15:29.
  5. ResoBull
    Since: Apr 2015

SAS? Pfff, SBS is where it is at ;-) WTF FBI is doing in there I don’t know, perhaps hostages have been beamed into UFOs and the series is going in an all new direction to follow CoD Zombies.

I am just glad it breaks away from Vegas, another bullet in a slot machine would have killed it for me. So long as it keeps it hardcore where timing and planning is a must, execution has to be perfect with no innocent casualties….come to think of it – why are they recruiting from the US? :-p

Comment posted on 24/04/2015 at 11:53.