Primal Carnage: Extinction lands on the US PlayStation store on October 20th, so this launch trailer is a little early and there is no mention of an EU release date as yet.
The game is is a class-based “biter/shooter” in which you play as mercenary humans or dinosaurs and attempt to make the opposing team extinct.
Anyone spot the missing ingredient in the trailer? Yes, it appears to be completely free of blood, when the T-rex chomps up the mercenary there isn’t a speck of the red stuff. I guess they’ve cut it to get a lower age rating.
The game includes the following modes of play:
- Team Deathmatch — (un)Traditional dino-versus-human team-based multiplayer in unique battle arenas.
- Get to the Chopper — Control key parts of the map in this objective-based game mode, ultimately unlocking the escape helicopter and the Tyrant dinosaur that will try to stop it.
- Survival — Play solo or co-op through wave after wave of AI dinos.
- Free Roam — For those who want to strut their dino-might without the pressure of timers or kill counts.
It also includes these dinosaurs:
- Dilophosaurus — Ambush and blind your enemies from a distance or put your poisonous fangs to use, which will blind and slow the bipedal meat sacks.
- Novaraptor — Fast and scary is your namesake. Mercilessly slash your enemies or pounce and maul them into the ground. Watch out for the counterattack, though!
- Pteranodon — Reconnoiter from the sky and hone your swoop-down-and-carry-off skills or practice juggling your prey with a Pteranodon friend.
- Carnotaurus — You’re a two-legged cross between a bull and a T-Rex that charges your victims to death and can also heal by taking a bite out of them.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex — As the King of Lizards, be a high-health fearsome tank of an adversary.