If you hadn’t worked out the pattern quite yet, every Tuesday in December is going to have an interview with a developer as part of our Year According To series of podcasts. For today’s interview I talked to Dan Marshall, who’s responsible for the heist-em-up The Swindle, as well as games like Ben There Dan That and Time Gentlemen Please.
Our chat covered plenty of ground, ranging from Dan’s view on death in video games and how that relates to The Swindle, to the process of working with Curve for the game’s ports, stopping along the way to talk about his history of announcing and then cancelling games.
As always with this series of podcasts, I also got Dan to pick out a couple of gaming highlights from the year. He actually found this pretty tough, but still managed to pick out a few gems, as well as highlighting a couple of games he hopes he can get around to soon.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: