The latest generation of Pokémon games are out in literally a month – well, a few days later on 23rd November in the EU – and Poké-fans are probably bouncing off the walls already in anticipation. The release of the Pokémon Sun & Moon demo this morning ought to help calm them down a little, letting you play through a small area of the game in Hau’oli City and Ten Carat Hill, with the possibility of earning a special Ash-Greninja Pokémon to transfer across to the main game.
Either load up the eShop on your 3DS or head over to the Nintendo site here and do the bobbins to trigger the download remotely. It’s like we’re living in the future.
The demo won’t last you too long, but there’s a handful of trial Pokémon to battle and you get to defeat Team Skull. As with the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demo, there’s plenty of reasons to go back to it and explore further, and events that will trigger on certain days. Spoilers after the most recent Pokémon trailer:
- Tomorrow/Wednesday (1 day): Guy outside Pokémon Centre gives you something
- Sunday (5 days): Girl around a corner is meeting someone who helped her. On road towards harbour from Pokemon Centre.
- Following Saturday (12 days): Guy in City Hall has a Pikachu whose birthday it is and wants to celebrate it.
- (18 days): Cop on docks in Harbour says there’s a crime about to happen.
- (24 days): Nervous girl in harbour house about to set sail. Wants reassurance. Make sure you promise you’ll be there beforehand.