Machine Games has rolled out the first major update for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus which brings in support for the Xbox One X, as well as opening the vault and making Freedom Chronicle Episode Zero available. The episode is available to anyone who pre-ordered the game as well as season pass holders.
In Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero players take on the roles of Joseph Stallion, Jessica Valiant, and Gerald Wilkins as they fight against the Nazis, with each having their own unique abilities. Meanwhile the vault adds ten new combat scenario missions and leaderboards to accompany them. This content can be accessed after beating mission two in the campaign. There are a number of PC fixes too.
Xbox One X Support
- Supports 4K resolution
- Dynamic resolution scaling
- 10 new combat simulations playable from the Main Menu or in Evas Hammer
o Requires progression to Chapter 2
- Leaderboard functionality
o Compete with your friends for the highest score!
- Improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUs
o Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available
- Forced driver update on driver detect warning message can now be manually bypassed
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when launching at any resolution other than 4K when DPI scaling is set to 175% 4K monitor
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when resolution is changed to 4K while DPI scaling is set to 125% or 150%
- Fixed “zoomed in brightness menu” issue on 4K monitors (when DPI scaling was set to greater than 100%)
- Skybox fixes