Rare have released a new patch for Sea of Thieves, it’s not that big but does fix a couple of issues and has some of those lovely performances update things which make everyone happy.
Here are the notes:
- Open / Closed Crew – You can now dynamically change whether your crew is open or closed while out on the seas. This option can be toggled from within the ‘My Crew’ menu.
- Athena’s Fortune Rewards – The chances of finding more valuable rewards have been increased. Pirate Legends and their crews can now expect to see higher rewards when embarking on their Athena’s Fortune voyages.
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- Improvement to frame rate when player is walking or running.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Washed-up items and messages in bottles have returned to the shorelines once more!
- Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water will no longer prevent them from being picked up again.
- Athena’s Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons will now correctly spawn on Thieves’ Haven.
If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.
- Players can no longer be voted into the brig before fully spawning onto the server.
- After equipping a weapon from the armoury, aim sensitivity will no longer default to high the first time you aim down the sight.
- When switching between items and weapons, players will see fewer instances of default models appearing for a few seconds whilst the correct equipped model loads.
- Pricing of the rank 4 and 5 Gold Hoarders compasses are now correct.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally select a pirate whilst watching the intro animation.
- The icon for the Rotten Bilge Rat Shirt no longer appears low-quality.
- Player chat indicator can now be toggled from the front end settings menu and within the game.
- Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.
- The option to lock FPS to 90 no longer appears.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.
Xbox One: 1.64 GB
Xbox One X: 1.64 GB
Windows 10: 1.57 GB