UK Charts 22/09/18 – Spider-Man Keeps On Swinging At The Top

Can't keep a good spider down.

There’s no change at the top of the UK charts this week, as Spider-Man stays in first and Shadow of the Tomb Raider in second, while the rest of the top 20 basically just shuffle up and down a bit.

To be honest, it’s not a terribly exciting week, with no major contenders last week, but Spider-Man’s popularity means that it’s closing in on Far Cry 5 to be the best selling retail game of the year. But chances are it won’t make it in time, because FIFA 19 is out on Friday and (as always) is set to dominate the competition.

Here’s the top 19, which is entirely MrYd’s fault:

13 17 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2
20 18 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION
22 19 GOD OF WAR

Source: UKIE, GamesIndustry

1. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Why when there’s a top 40 do you only copy and paste the top 19? And then claim it’s the top 20 when it’s clearly only 19. (Until you squeeze the R6 Seige in to make me look silly, of course)

I’m impressed Firewall is still at 33. And Playstation VR Worlds is at 26, presumably due to being bundled with headsets. Firewall is still getting fresh new victims every day. (You can tell who they are, because they’re the ones running around looking confused by the beeping noise and then trying to shoot the laptop to see if that works).

And why is GTA5 still there? (Someone has to say that every week, don’t they?)

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 15:48.
    • Stefan L
      Community Team

Fixed it.

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 15:51.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

You know, most people would just go and put the number 20 game in and pretend it never happened. But no, you went and made it a top 19 and blamed me. A thing that I’ve never seen before. (A top 19, not people blaming me. That happens all the time. Sometimes when things are actually my fault)

I’m mildly impressed. Which is as impressed as I can be on a Monday when I’ve got a headache.

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 16:05.
      • Stefan L
        Community Team

It was ever-so-slightly easier. :P

Comment posted on 25/09/2018 at 08:03.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

Does that mean it took 3 seconds to do instead of maybe 5 or 6 seconds the other way?

That sounds like a worthwhile time saving.

If you spent at least 30 seconds deciding which way was quicker and would save you 2 or 3 seconds, then I think I want to marry you.

And for once, I’m not being sarcastic. That really is an excellent use of time.

Comment posted on 25/09/2018 at 11:19.
  2. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Mega happy about that! Spider-Man is a magnificent game so I am really glad its holding out. Caught up with some old friends for a few beers whilst watching the AJ fight, none of them love comics and everything that surrounds them as much as I do, but they all cannot stop playing Spider-Man. My brain felt huge explaining everything to them with the whats, whys and wheres.

Ace!!

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 15:51.
    • doomsday619
      Since: Nov 2008

Spider-man is amazing and well deserved. I’m in the same boat as you explaining a lot of the movie’s with friend’s. Apart from my older brother no one i know collect’s the comic’s and know any of the history. It always feel’s good going in and telling them all about the character’s.
      Only the other day my wife was saying how can you spend £5.99 on a Batman comic and now on Ebay i finally showed her the payoff who knew Batman’s junk could fetch a pretty good payday lol.

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 16:25.
  3. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

Bollocks about TR; I was hoping it would crash, so we could return to Tomb Raiding as in 2007 and 2008. Silly UK customers – hopefully the rest of the world doesn’t make the same mistake.

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 16:05.
    • Starman
      Since: Jul 2011

I’ve played every tomb raider and this has as much puzzling and the minimal combat as the older games. So quit being a jabroni and go buy it. It’s fantastic. Really, just buy it.

Comment posted on 24/09/2018 at 23:35.
      • MOVE
        Since: Mar 2010

Stop defending her; back then she was like Indiana Jones, now she is like Rambo – NOT the same!

Comment posted on 25/09/2018 at 11:55.
  4. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

Also: Luddington is the worst Lara Croft ever!

Comment posted on 25/09/2018 at 12:05.
  5. aerobes

And people say advertising doesn’t work. Lol

Comment posted on 26/09/2018 at 00:47.