Treyarch has announced all the details for Operation Absolute Zero, the largest update so far for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and it’ll be available from December 11th. The first piece of content that has been detailed is the new operative Zero, and she has the abilities to disrupt the enemy through hacking their equipment as well as distracting them. She’s unlockable after completing tier one in the Black Market. Additionally, three weapons will be added to the market to unlock and these are the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
On December 10th Blackout mode will get an update to add some seasonal changes, balancing for the SDM and Spitfire, armour repair system, and audio improvements. Then on December 11th, a new area will be added in the form of Hijacked, which will allow players to face off against each other on a luxury yacht. The ARAV armoured vehicle will also be added, which will have a mounted turret on it.
In Zombies new Daily Callings challenges will be added which will reward bonus Nebulium Plasma and XP. A Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system will allow players to verify their performance with a personalised code that can be shared to show off stats including kills, how many rounds survived, deaths, revives, perks and elixirs equipped, final score, match duration, game type, and map used which is some of the data. A Daily Tier skip system for Zombies will also be added allowing players who complete 15 rounds in one match to earn the bonus Black Market tier.
The Black Market is also getting some changes which you can check out below:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.