The now-abandoned town of Pripyat have been the setting of many stories over past few years with movies, books, and video games all using the Chernobyl disaster as a starting point for something horrific. The latest team to step in to the radioactive boots are Polish developers The Farm 51 who have been working hard on their new game, Chernobylite, a game that promises “disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting and non-linear storytelling”
Chernobylite is set thirty years after the disaster and finds you returning to the scene to
rescue the princess find your missing girlfriend, but the path to your true love will be hampered by the military, radioactive ‘Stallkers’, and the obligatory evil doll seen the video below.
CHERNOBYLITE MAIN FEATURES
- Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers of the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember – everybody has a hidden agenda. Always.
- Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats.
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling non-linear science-fiction horror story.
- Make good use of your character’s physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies.
- Fight against the savage creatures pouring from the alternate reality.
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
Farm 51 say, “We are travelling to Chernobyl Exclusion Zone to gather materials and references, taking thousands of pictures and scanning the area with drones. All of this in order to provide the most accurate version of the Zone ever. No matter the dust, the weather, the temperature or even radiation!”
Fun fact: Chernobylite is a substance that was created in the explosion and is a real thing. It’s a technogenic compound, a crystalline zirconium silicate with lots of lovely uranium thrown in for good measure. In other words,it will melt your face off if you so much as give it a quick glance.
Chernobylite will land on PC this autumn, the console versions don’t have a release date at present.