Almost ten years after the original version launched, Castle Crashers Remastered is heading to PlayStation 4 and Switch, the game having already been released on Xbox One last year. The Switch version adds HD Rumble, Switch Online, and 4 player local Joy-Con support, while the PS4 version will also change the colour of your Dualshock light bar to match your character.
Here’s what else you get in the remastered edition:
- A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s frantic and weird.
- Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game.
- CCR runs at 60 frames per second. The original ran at 30 frames per second which feels kind of like a slideshow if you go back to it after trying this new one.
- All previously released downloadable content like characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available in-game.
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer.
Castle Crashers Remastered will launch this summer.
Source: The Behmoth