Update 1.1 for Apex Legends (which you might know better by it’s PlayStation number 1.0.6) is all about quality of life in the game. It makes it easier to team up with random players you’ve enjoyed playing with with player invite buttons when you return to the lobby, makes it easier to mute people and report them, and fixes a number of bugs.
An unintended side-effect of this was that some players were initially shifted over to the wrong servers, seemingly losing their progress. In the hours after the update was released, Respawn disentangled the mess with a server-side fix that required shutting down the servers to put players back where they should have been!
Here’s the patch notes:
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
When you head back to the lobby after a match you will see two new buttons that show you the players in your last squad with the option to invite them for another match!
You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Made small improvements to the UI for customizing Legends.
- Added option to turn off lighting on compatible hardware [for example, Razer Chroma devices] in the Mouse/Keyboard settings.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.