PS4 owners will be able to download a Dragon Quest Builders 2 demo from June 27th, Square Enix announced during its E3 conference. This demo will look to introduce players to the world of the game including new characters as well as the story. The game itself was announced back in 2017 for PS4 and Switch though at the time details were thin on the ground. That’s been slightly rectified as we now know that the story pits the player and their allies against the Children of Hargon over a war to reclaim the power of creation and bring it back to the world. Speaking of the world a new trailer titled ‘The World of Dragon Quest Builders 2’ accompanied the demo news.
Square Enix also confirmed the pre-order bonuses for Dragon Quest Builders 2 for both digital and physical pre-orders which you can see below.
● All pre-orders: Will receive an in-game Medicinal Herb Decoration, a Dragon Quest Logo Decoration, a Chimaera Wing Decoration
● Physical pre-orders from select retailers: Will receive an adorable magnet sheet featuring the heroes, building blocks and iconic slimes.
● Digital pre-orders: Will receive in-game Sigil Blocks for players looking to decorate their buildings with icons denoting the sun, stars, moon, water and soul, as well as a DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 PlayStation®️4 system theme.
● PlayStation®️Plus users: Will receive a Pixel Decoration of Legendary Heroes as well as a Portrait of Legendary Heroes from 12th July
● Players with a save from DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™️: Will receive a classic Builder Outfit from the original title and the obstinate Dragonlord’s Throne.
If you decide to go for the digital deluxe version of the game the Season Pass will be included which will give access to three DLC packs that will be available after the launch of the game. In the mean time Deluxe owners will get designer sunglasses in game on launch. The three DLC packs are detailed below.
● Hotto Stuff Pack – Including more than 40 recipes to help players design and decorate structures in the style of the Hotto Steppe – a popular resting area in a distant land. Players will also gain access to an all-new island with the materials needed to build these new recipes.
● Aquarium Pack – The world of DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 has become your oyster. A fishing island awaits you, where you can learn how to catch and breed 40 different fish that can be added to your own DIY aquarium. Unlock an additional tool, the fishing rod, as well as customization options and apparel fitting of a waterbound adventure.
● Modernist Pack – This set includes over 70 recipes for modern-looking structures, hairstyles and clothing. Build a luxury hotel, modern condominiums and more with the largest new set of recipes yet.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 will be released on July 12th.
For more news from Square Enix and all of the press conferences at E3 this year, make sure to keep tabs on our E3 hub.