Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, the next huge expansion to the game, is out on July 2nd for PlayStation 4 and PC, and to promote it Square Enix have roped in actual Spider-Man, Tom Holland.
The video shows Tom’s training regime to become the Warrior of Darkness and includes him flexing his muscles before whopping out a mightily impressive sword and waving it about. It’s also quite funny so well worth a watch, even if you’re not a fan of Tom handling his massive weapon.
So what does Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers include? All was revealed during a livestream and documented by Gematsu.
- Introduction of Shadowbringers’ Key Characters – Familiar allies such as Thancred and Y’shtola will join the Warrior of Light as they encounter new characters such as Ran’jit and Vauthry. Additional details on the key characters of Shadowbringers can be found here.
- Updates to Crafting Classes – New actions and adjustments to current actions, major updates to the crafting user interface, and easing requirements to unlock existing recipes.
- Updates to Gathering Classes – New actions and traits for all classes, updates to the gathering log—including spawn time information and the ability to quickly add an alarm to remind players of spawning nodes, as well as easing requirements to unlock existing gathering points.
- System-related Updates – Increase to the glamour dresser storage capacity, updates to the retainer and achievement UI, the addition of new tomestones and gatherer / crafter scrips, and much more.
- Addition of New Worlds – The addition of the Spriggan World to the Chaos data center, and the addition of the Twintania World to the Light data center.
- Post-Release Patch Schedule
- July 16, 2019: Patch 5.01 – Launch of the normal difficulty high-level raid, Eden.
- July 30, 2019: Patch 5.05 – Launch of the savage difficulty Eden raid and the new treasure hunt dungeon, Lyhe Ghiahl; release of the Allagan tomestone of Phantasmagoria currency.
There’s also a video showing some of new content.
For more information on the Gunbreaker, Viera, and other details on the expansion, see our list of things you should know about Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers.